Carl-Richard

Conversation that showcases the hollow philosophy of Destiny

2 posts in this topic

(Just a late-night rant):

Destiny never fails to give me the uncanny valley creeps when he starts trying to justify his views on animal ethics. It makes me question his integrity in general, how he can so confidently hold on to something that is so contorted and vile. Actually, you know how libertarians say they're against the government but then go through all these mental gymnastics that just ends up producing something equivalent to a government in the end? That is how I feel about Destiny's "ethical egoism" framework. It's not grounded in what it says it's grounded in. It tries to artificially cling on to a set of presuppositions (egoism) while it handwaves the true underlying values (care for others). It's not even psychopathic, just autistic: anti-social in both senses of the word, lacking in emotional awareness, and a surface level sense of integrity ("consistency"). An overemphasis on consistency is just a tool for hiding a complete lack of grounding, the true meaning of integrity; full self-transparency and having integrated all the relevant aspects or faculties. Destiny is lacking in his emotional faculties, and that is guiding what he considers to be relevant, which explains his psychotic philosophy.

This is basically the whole problem: he tries to make egoism compatible with a society that is not based on egoism, hence the mental parkour.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

It's complicated to give an opinion on a post that requires watching a 2-hour video, can you summarize this person's opinion in a few sentences?

Anyway, ethics is just a game in the head, it's not like it's based on anything concrete. :)

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.