Kuba Powiertowski

Power of weltanshauung

3 posts in this topic

"The concept of Weltanschauung first appeared in the philosophy of classical German idealism. It comes from the concept of "intelekuelle Anschauung," which played a key role in the philosophy of Fichte and Schelling and had a similar meaning in the minds of both philosophers, most often translated as "intellectual perception," "intellectual perception" or "intellectual viewing," and appearing in its original form already in Kant's thought. Intellectual intuition is awareness understood not as a fact but as an act - that in the self-knowing self, there is no difference between the subject of cognition and the object of cognition, thanks to which it has a direct, intuitive insight into itself. This act is a self-constituting act for the Self. "Intellectual intuition" developed into the concept of worldview in the philosophy of Friedrich Schleiermacher and Georg Wilhelm Hegel." - to quote Wiki.

So truth, worldview, and ass have one thing in common. They are individualized. Everyone has their own. Every direct experience, which in some sense belongs to the continuum of meta-experience, is filtered and modeled by this robust frame, which is the worldview. In other words, a mental conception of reality. From materialism through all metaphysics to its extreme opposition - solipsism. It's all just words, words, words. None for What Is. What Is Just Is. It happens, and that's it. It is unpredictable and unknown. It cannot be described or framed in any way. Although I love this forum and feel great sympathy for its participants, the longer I read your posts about what God, Infinity, Love, or Whatever is, more and more often, the only thing left is to smile warmly, and that's it.

Now for an example: my father has lung cancer. The doctors stopped treatment a year ago, and he was discharged to a home hospice. He was supposed to live for a few weeks; then, he had a short Christmas. A bit of natural medicine, light pranayama, walks, and the last CT scan showed that cancer has stopped and is practically inactive. On a walk with my dog, he recently ran a 30-meter jog. He has no doubt experienced first-hand that his body has improved dramatically. But he thinks that since he hasn't been given any official medicine for many months, his condition worsens, and he is strongly convicted. Hello? Is anybody out there? Just as an intellectual materialist mindlessly believing in Western science, he does not allow even the placebo effect that this science studies to work! Not only that, his father - an outstanding neurosurgeon, kept telling him what he kept telling me, that the human body is 99% self-repairing. Just don't get in the way.
So, as you see, dear ones, it is not direct experience that is the king that makes us enlightened—just extinguishing the light cast by the fire of the mind and being with What Is. Without weltanshauung. Quite strange.;)

Thats the beauty of life cancer could be a blessing in disguise . Everyone is so scared of something that could be a gift of God is you take it right

Edited by Hojo

Since the Austrian guy quite some time ago did a lot of talking & writing much about Weltanschauung (and didn't only talk & write about it), that word is, uuuuh,  a bit out of fashion in my native german language. 

SInce then, at least certain Weltanschauungen are well ... very out of fashion.

Selling Water by the River