InDaZone

Do You Ever Feel Like You Can't Trust Your Own Mind?

7 posts in this topic

what do you do if your in this position? 

It can be really tough to make critical life decisions when you feel like this. 

Over the last few years, I've been developing myself by meditation, getting rid of bad habits, changing my lifestyle etc. But I still feel this way mostly, even though I've got a much better understanding of my own mind and I've come a long way.

Ive begun to see the ego and its ways in daily life. I've begun to see it as a primitive early warning system that can alert me to things  I then try and use a higher level of thinking to analyse what it has produced. Which is mostly bullshit delusions to be honest. 

I don't really know what the purpose of this post is! lol. Just putting it out there to see if others can empathise / advise. 

Thanks for reading. 

@InDaZone I am right there with you. I think I am highly prone to delusion and it worries me. 

nothing is anything

@eskwire I'm the same friend, things have got a lot better and I'm a lot more conscious of these types of thoughts patterns now than I used to be, which can't be a bad thing. 

I just think it's ridiculous how the often the mind seemingly gets it wrong. 

Our minds are always trying to delude us, trying to deliver us comfort while we work diligently to uncover truth and freedom. Our minds will provide us with 1000 excuses to prevent any sort of positive action. Becoming aware of self-deception is the first step to transcending it. Most people are not aware that the lies they should be most afraid of, are their own. 

@Saba I think I see what your saying.

Why are our minds like this when it's clearly not in our best interest to be that way? 

What i take from your previous comment, is our minds are that way because they are trying to give us immediate pleasure / instant gratification to make us feel better about whatever situation we are in. 

If our minds are so deceptive (which I have no doubt that they are) how do we weed out the useful things from the bullshit? 

Your mind is not your friend :/ 

The mind deceive us all the time to look only to the external world, instead of looking to itself and do that inner work that we usually avoid, its a big distraction

Like Shakespeare said "there is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so"

bd3d5220a13809b9d462c0c274ec1be1.jpg

"There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." Shakespeare

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCqtX3EPGsnmWjK76m5Vpbw

Always stop. breathe and focus on now. then your not creating a story. unless you enjoy telling stories to yourself.:) lol