Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Thought Art

Methods of Becoming Hopeless Proof

5 posts in this topic

I realize that, if I am going to honour my life it is going to take years of effort to get there. There will be many nights where my efforts seem to not add up to anything that will make a difference. But, I know that everyday I need to be tending the Garden of my life.

However, after working 8 hours at my day job and coming home to work on my business I feel a sense of futility. It's gonna take me time to figure out how to make this thing work. I end up feeling frustrated and impatient and hopeless. It's not a useful feeling in that... Reality will not budge. I either figure out how to run my own business or I don't.

What tips, methods and resources are there for me to avoid becoming hopeless?

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

I was in the similar situation 7 years ago, then I realized that what I need to do is to cut my expanses of. I've noticed that I'm spending my money meaninglessly.. smoking cigarettes, going to bars, drinking alcohol, eating meat, eating at restaurants... Then I've realized that best things in life are free actually and most valuable thing is your time. I'm not going around spending money anymore, I'm only buy ingredients once a month that I'm cooking on my own. I'm going in nature, on the beach instead in bar or shopping centers.

So if you are living in your own house you probably don't need much money, I can suggest you to cut your expanses at maximum and find a job that you'll be doing 4 or 3 hours a day instead of 8 because you need time to work on your business. Working on your business should be self rewarding actually. I guess you are hopeless because you don't like spending half of your life at your day job.

@Juressic I don’t think I can cut expenses. 

Edited by Thought Art

◭"89"

I think gratitude and allowing, accepting and working everyday.

◭"89"

Just think more positively, I clicked on this thread because I consider hopefulness as one of my strengths. A lot of the times I feel like I’m so dumb and naive that I always expect the best no matter how things may be going.

It’s hard for you to adopt this mindset permanently, I get it. Change is hard. Try your best. Don’t limit yourself for what’s realistic.

“The people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.”