Someone here

Are you a realistic person or a wishful thinking person?

3 posts in this topic

They're actually complete opposites They're both specific outlooks on life. If you're a wishful thinking person.. you live your life based on the ideals you have. How you think a perfect world should be. For example: you support the idea that it should rain candy. You spend your days dreaming about it and wishing for it to happen. You even try to think of ways to make it a reality.

Realistic people on the other hand.. Are accepting the way things are. You won't try to change anything about the world because "that's how things are". For example: you think it would be cool if it rained candy, but that's a ridiculous notion. It rains water and nothing will ever change that. You don't believe any effort should be made on making this real.

Those are extreme examples, but quite clear I think. To summarize: wishful = what could be, realism = what really is. Most people harbor a healthy mix of the two, allowing themselves to daydream, but being down-to-earth enough to know which dreams are really possible and which aren't.

So which one are you? 

"life is not a problem to be solved ..its a mystery to be lived "

-Osho

it depends on context, day to day I am becoming more and more grounded in my idealism. Yes I have a vision for my life, what I want to experience, what I want to do, how I want to impact others.. AND I take action, I work with what is happening now, and I have a long way to go to balance this well. in the grand scheme of things I am very much a newbie.

Welcome, to the authenticity evolution.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCEMc_MGhRl-1t3MoV36uG1A

3 hours ago, Realms of Wonder said:

it depends on context, day to day I am becoming more and more grounded in my idealism. Yes I have a vision for my life, what I want to experience, what I want to do, how I want to impact others.. AND I take action, I work with what is happening now, and I have a long way to go to balance this well. in the grand scheme of things I am very much a newbie.

I fall in this camp too

The post poses a good prompt to evaluate yourself

But ultimately I think living with a reliance on hope is a recipe for disappointment. I think our dreams and fantasies drive us in life, but I don't think they should be the deciding factor on whether or not we're happy.