Schizophonia

Psychedelics cause Cushing's Syndrome ?

5 posts in this topic

Every time I take large doses I turn red like a lobster and look puffy/weird.
I feel like I'm all wet in my face when there's nothing there.

Can psychedelics be dangerous for people with adrenal problems, hypertension or that sort of thing?

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

Yes its stimulatory and can raise cortisol. It will exasperates the problem if you already have issues with over production.

A lot of it is psychosomatic and if your in a weakened state, like struggle to digest food, the body tends to produce a lot more cortisol. 

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

On a metaphysical level, you are flushing out old parts of self, its an energetic cleanse, so to speak.

I experienced this on mushrooms my first few times, I received the insight soon after.

As above so below, as within so without.

21 hours ago, integral said:

Yes its stimulatory and can raise cortisol. It will exasperates the problem if you already have issues with over production.

A lot of it is psychosomatic and if your in a weakened state, like struggle to digest food, the body tends to produce a lot more cortisol. 

It's true

11 hours ago, M A J I said:

On a metaphysical level, you are flushing out old parts of self, its an energetic cleanse, so to speak.

I experienced this on mushrooms my first few times, I received the insight soon after.

I can't, there's usually too much to get rid of, I can feel it in all my experiences.
Are there psychedelics better suited to evacuate buried energies?

If you dont understand, you're not twisted enough.

11 hours ago, Schizophonia said:

It's true

I can't, there's usually too much to get rid of, I can feel it in all my experiences.
Are there psychedelics better suited to evacuate buried energies?

Iboga works well but If you want my honest advice the best thing you can do is do the "sober work" (which will clear most of the baggage) then when you do the plant medicines, it won't be as chaotic and intense. Spend time in nature, meditate, fast from dense/wrong/toxic foods and technologies stimulation, read books, calm the mind, maybe even take up gardening or farming, highly-meditative. Find things you are passionate about that allow you to be more Present and over time you will be meditative in such tasks. Practice good behavior and being loving, caring, kind, help a stranger ect.. working with animals and nature helps sooth the spirit too. All this work goes hand in hand with psychedelics and it is actually how you Integrate the medicines and teachings.

Edited by M A J I

As above so below, as within so without.