at_anchor

History Megathread

4 posts in this topic

Can we put together all the important points, images nd data about ancient civilizations all up to modern age with technology in one thread?

Also, what are the best history books to read? 

History is so full of truth I cannot even believe it. It is also full of horrific stuff that you don't feel horrified at all while reading because it is like ot never existed. Yet it actually did happen. 

if not possible, okay. history is hard and long.

Edited by at_anchor

Starting off the chain with this incredible channel I recently discovered. Go check it out, they have 4 full length documentaries like this!

@SonataAllegro I have no doubt that this is gonna be an amazing channel to watch. First I have to finish reading the last section about New Age from "Philosophy of History". I have time, but my energy and mental capacity is kind of low. I should eat healthy, get the vitamins and exerexercise I need first, but that is kind of impossible since I have problems with my rights being violated and people trying to keep me down and as low as possible. 

On 16.04.2023 at 5:29 PM, at_anchor said:

Also, what are the best history books to read? 

I really enjoyed reading The Treasures of Darkness: A History of Mesopotamian Religion  and Prehistory Decoded by Martin Sweatman. 

These ancient people conceptualize the human in a way that is unthinkable to us.