Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest username

Infinity

16 posts in this topic

This thread will be for exploring infinity as a concept. Share all your cool infinity related shit here.

https://babelia.libraryofbabel.info/ Is cool site inspired by Jorge Luis Borges short story, the "Library of Babel" , which was about a library that contained every possible book but lacked utility due to the fact that it dilute with useless permutations of symbols and infinite amounts on untrue information. The site also has a gallery which has every possible combination of a grid of pixels. Look long enough and you'll find a picture of "you",  of your friends, of every single one of Leo's thumbnails. You'll probably never find them though since most of the arrangements hold no "meaning." 

Here's a newbie introduction to infinity as a concept in mathematics. it goes beyond the everyday intuitions most people have about infinity: 

Here's a discussion from the world science festival on infinity:

There is some good commentary and from certainly very well-educated people, but it lacks in intellectual rigor if you're looking for something more advanced. If you've never really contemplated this stuff or just want something more info-tainment like, World Science Festival has some entertaining content. I recommend it  in any case.

Here's an interesting one minute long video on the infinite:

I've always loved tripping out to fractals:

Here's a good documentary on them: 

Here's a 4 hour compliation of fractals in 3-D:

Here's a level 14 Menger Sponge, a mathematical object in which the surface area will approach infinity as the volume approaches zero:

Here's a documentary about how notions of mathematics were challenged and how counter-intuitive claims ended up being true, despite seeming insane :

This speaks a lot of Georg Cantor, a mathematician famous for his work with infinity.

If anyone can find part 2 of that Cantor documentary, please post it here. I can't manage to find it.

This track feels like Infinity. Put on some headphones, lie down, and be no more! O.o

Infinity, impossibly wayy beyond the "physical" Universe

tjTfoz3.jpg

@JustinS What's with that song? It's pretty different from anything I've heard. I like it though. I think it's good background music for the fractal zoom.

@username Hahah yeah it's got a dark shamanic vibe to it. Octavio Rettig was the first shaman to give me a dose of 5meo so it makes sense for him to put together something as strange as this. Quite similar as the track brings this feeling of impending death lol. 

@JustinS Oh shit! I didn't even look at the name. You went to Mexico? I've considered doing that one day to get a 5-Meo trip. How was it?

@username Glad you recognize him! I've come across him at Panama heading to this event called Tribal Gathering. I've watched his vice documentary a few days before flying out to the gathering. Once arrived and boarded the event's private bus taking us straight there I was unknowingly talking to his assistant sitting across from me about a strange venom found in a toad that is possibly the world's most powerful entheogen and how I'm curious into trying some myself one day. He goes "yeah that man you are talking about is sitting right there" as he points.... I go "oh shittt.." Be careful what you wish for lol. Sorry I just had to share that story.

The trip was quite phenomenal, the most beautiful thing a human being can possibly experience in one's life time. "Death" and Absolute Infinity. Infinity is the only thing that's absolutely true..^_^ This was a few months before Leo released a video on it and I sure was impressed someone like this guy is interested in something like this. 

@JustinS  Oh so, you met him before finding out about 5-Meo. That's really funny; I only know about him BECAUSE of 5-Meo.

Did you see that woman tripping with him on YouTube? Have you ever done 5-Meo again?

@username oh no I knew about 5Meo before I met him but I'd never thought I'd had the opportunity to try it. 

Hahah oh yeah I know exactly which one you're talking about. I've seen in person of how others can struggle when taking a full dose of this stuff, only because they have no idea what they are getting themselves into. Leo is totally right when he says people who do not study nondualtiy, ego, spirituality, Consciousness/God, etc. will have a more difficult time handling such an experience; although, once in awhile I've seen regular looking people who have no knowledge of such things have a better trip than those that may look more "spiritual" which is kinda funny.  It's not like a DMT trip. 

Yes, I'd love to die again and realize my true nature and be one with God. Although we are already. I want to rememeber it again. I think I'm ready to strap in. Are you? 

@JustinS I wish I was ready,but hell no. I'd probably have an awful trip. I was such a low-consciousness person before starting this work, and I probably have years of purification work to do. I'll stick with meditation for now, haha.

@username Keep at it! I can see you're very active on the forum. :)

Are you familiar with Martin Ball's body symmetry energetic therapy? He's the other 5Meo shaman you might want to look into. Leo has an interview with him I'm sure you've watched. Sit back relax and enjoy. He has such interesting sessions with his patients. Little long but it's sooo juicyy! 

I have never done 5 meo or had a trip in 20 years. I'm not positive we need it to see the truth.. however I saw the truth and awaken at work, a trip Inside no drugs just truth to say Jesus placed his hand on my shoulder and pointed.

See it's right here in front of you aways.

it was  an argument not of mine.. see I am a cook /chef . it was intense Gordon Ramsay intense . 

First I've been shown sign of this since birth however the ego wants reality or fuck and run.

Any way  I woke up and my world or OURS  stopped I hit or touched everyone in my vibration. and then boom play button. I saw everything everyone everybeing . and then hearing the shit puking from the mouths .. and my journey was infinate...now I teach my children this true path. Love one Love . Marley again.. boom.

@JustinS I keep wanting to watch that Martin Ball vid, but I'm procrastinating on that.

I'm going to try reviving this thread, and hopefully more people post cool stuff. 

In honor of pi day:

Just being able to attempt to think about infinity as this apparent finite self. The wave trying to be it's ocean. Infinity makes me feel sick :S