Wyatt

Contemplation Questions

5 posts in this topic

After watching Leo's video on contemplation, I can see how powerful the tool of questioning "What is it?" can be for truly understanding any topic if done enough and in the right way. In contemplation, questions need to progressively become more specific to get a holistic understanding of whatever you're contemplating.

Are there more examples of general questions a contemplator can ask that can really get to the root of what the thing is?

every time you try to contemplate on a question ask about the answer you reached to is it a stereo type or a label made by the society or not 
cause are mind doesnt want to contemplate to find its own answers its just want to answer and the easy ones are labels and judgements

Another question I want to ask is that

Do we have to look up in dictionary or have a research for a word which we are pounding and asking  or  we just question that word

For example what is politics

@veqsms Since I wrote the OP I've contemplated lots of topics. It's usually a good idea to define exactly which piece of reality you're talking about. Using a dictionary will get you the cultural idea of what politics is, and maybe you completely agree with that, or maybe your idea of politics in general is different. I usually end up with a combination between a dictionary definition and my own definition.

Hope this helps!

On 3/13/2017 at 2:41 PM, Wyatt said:

Are there more examples of general questions a contemplator can ask that can really get to the root of what the thing is?

My suggestion is to question your mind without questioning it, so to speak. The reason is, is that our ego is our primary censor. It wants to censor everything, and if it gets too busy doing so, our conscience hardly gets a say. So to bypass the ego censorship is to ignore it.

So what happens is that while you are contemplating on your refined question, like contemplating on a single word, the ego censorship will first bring up the least threatening answers. They usually include definitions that you already believed in, knew or heard about. So really there is nothing new here. However, since you are ignoring these, the ego will start to feel threatened by this invalidation. It may even start squirming for you to break your contemplation. But stay with it. Usually after a long period of silence a deeper truth may arise as if the ego were to say: "Is this what you are looking for"? Usually its a tidbit to keep you from contemplating further. Often tidbits of truth lead to further truths and are often claimed by the ego as a 'revelation' to recover from the threat.

One can still go deeper, but you maybe waiting for a long time. But do not despair, because every minute in contemplation one is digging. The hole dug may make it easier for the truth to be revealed in some unexpected circumstance. A trigger, so to speak, which the ego got tricked into letting go of its censorship for some other priority. And another truth, while doing something else, pops into your head... the yes / aha factor.