erikchomko

Questions for Leo

5 posts in this topic

Hey @Leo Gura

Thank you for your work :)

A few questions for you: 

• Do you feel it will be possible for you personally to arise in mastery over your mind (basically training your mind to only think high-vibe, intentional thoughts) without becoming a full-time monk? In Conversations with God, God says that it is possible, and that it's not as hard as we might think. Is this a goal for you?
  • You mentioned that meditation doesn't bring you happiness but you still do it. Do you do it because you feel like it raises your consciousness? Aren't there other ways besides meditation that will raise your consciousness/awareness? You also mentioned that some of your happiest times were on solo meditation retreats. What are you doing on those retreats if not meditating? Also what type of meditation are you doing these days? How many hours/week on average? I thought meditation was just about basking in God's love :) Francis Lucille teaches that we should only meditate and do spiritual work if it's the thing we most want to do. What do you think about that? 
  • What do you think about Joe Dispenza - have you been on retreat with him? 
  • You said in some ways you were happier before you got into spiritual work. But you also said that your ability to love consciousness and beingness makes you a lot happier than most ppl (despite your health issues). Sounds like it's been a trade-off between doing less of what you really enjoy/love for more understanding and peak experiences. But now you have a greater ability to enjoy even the things you don't like (like meditation haha)?? 
Edited by erikchomko

On 4/1/2023 at 4:58 PM, erikchomko said:

Hey @Leo Gura

Thank you for your work :)

Welcome.

• Do you feel it will be possible for you personally to arise in mastery over your mind (basically training your mind to only think high-vibe, intentional thoughts) without becoming a full-time monk? In Conversations with God, God says that it is possible, and that it's not as hard as we might think. Is this a goal for you?

The more conscious I get the less I try to manipulate my experience or mind.

I don't try to think positively or manifest stuff. I am very natural and easy-going.

There were years in my life where I did a lot of visualization exercises and tried to control my mind a lot. It had its uses but I also outgrew that.

• You mentioned that meditation doesn't bring you happiness but you still do it. Do you do it because you feel like it raises  your consciousness? Aren't there other ways besides meditation that will raise your consciousness/awareness? You also mentioned that some of your happiest times were on solo meditation retreats. What are you doing on those retreats if not meditating? Also what type of meditation are you doing these days? How many hours/week on average? I thought meditation was just about basking in God's love :) Francis Lucille teaches that we should only meditate and do spiritual work if it's the thing we most want to do. What do you think about that?

The challenge for me is that I am very creative and always having new insights, so meditation is not very effective for the way my mind works.

For me meditation just boils down to sitting still and enjoying Consciousness. Sometimes I'm in the mood for that, but often not because I am using my mind for understanding reality deeper. So there are some trade-offs there.

• What do you think about Joe Dispenza - have you been on retreat with him?

Not a fan

• You said in some ways you were happier before you got into spiritual work. But you also said that your ability to love consciousness and beingness makes you a lot happier than most ppl (despite your health issues). Sounds like it's been a trade-off between doing less of what you really enjoy/love for more understanding and peak experiences. But now you have a greater ability to enjoy even the things you don't like (like meditation haha)?? 

There is some truth to the notion that ignroance is bliss. Life was a lot easier when I didn't even know spirituality was a thing. I could just work on my biz and be happy. Now that is not possible because I know too much and biz cannot make me happy like it used to. But that is compensated for by my insane understanding of Consciousness. So I have no regrets.

Edited by Leo Gura

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura 

Thank you for your replies :)

The more conscious I get the less I try to manipulate my experience or mind.

I don't try to think positively or manifest stuff. I am very natural and easy-going.

I guess that with more consciousness comes greater acceptance of all of life, including your mind and experience. Then with acceptance, patterns of resistance (negativity) naturally fade. Also you become more sensitive to dysfunctional thought patterns, and less likely to get sucked into them.

Maybe what I am asking here is: are you expecting to be able to raise your consciousness to a point where your mind mostly bathes in a celebration of life? And is mostly free from compulsive fear and survival-based rumination? Or are you already there? 

Was God wrong to say that one of the factors that separate masters from normies is mastery over their mind? Maybe mastery over the mind looks more like high awareness of one's thoughts and high acceptance of them (as a first step, at least), rather than forcibly reprogramming them to be "positive". 

For me meditation just boils down to sitting still and enjoying Consciousness

Sounds like you have a high enjoyment of consciousness through the use of your mind. Maybe that's the best way for you to celebrate and cultivate life/consciousness at this point.  

BTW do you still recommend "industrial-grade" meditation to ppl? Or would you advocate a more relaxed approach? 

Not a fan

Why not? 

There is some truth to the notion that ignroance is bliss. Life was a lot easier when I didn't even know spirituality was a thing. I could just work on my biz and be happy. Now that is not possible because I know too much and biz cannot make me happy like it used to. But that is compensated for by my insane understanding of Consciousness. So I have no regrets.

Why can't you now just work on spirituality and be happy? Is it because of all the social/cultural friction related to the lack of understanding of spirituality? Or what weighs heavier on you now compared to in times of ignorance?

The times when I've been very focused on business and other "orange" activities, I get into a pretty strong chasing mindset. When it's all you know I guess it can feel like happiness, but in my experience, there is a certain amount of craving, frustration, and feelings of lack that comes with it. 

Is it possible your remembering self is painting a rosier picture of ignorance than was the real experience? 

BTW, have you had any experiences with, or do you have any thoughts about "Christ consciousness"?  

53 minutes ago, erikchomko said:

Was God wrong to say that one of the factors that separate masters from normies is mastery over their mind? Maybe mastery over the mind looks more like high awareness of one's thoughts and high acceptance of them (as a first step, at least), rather than forcibly reprogramming them to be "positive". 

Not to master but more as to transcend the mind. The difference being transcendence of mind takes no effort. There is no upkeep. See the mind for what it is. A tool to be used when needed.

Edited by cetus

1 hour ago, cetus said:

Not to master but more as to transcend the mind. The difference being transcendence of mind takes no effort. There is no upkeep. See the mind for what it is. A tool to be used when needed.

To transcend is to master. This is what mastery is, but I get your way of teaching too.

Namaste

As above so below, as within so without.