Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ash55

Bread and veges questions

7 posts in this topic

does bread cause mental fog and is bread/wheat actually that bad ? 

how do i find high quality veges and distinguish them from low quality one ?

is tuna bad too ? i found high qualities (also expensive) one here to be good, but please inform me about it

am mostly living on grains nuts  sometime fruits, other times potato eggs ,and one in a while tuna salad 

i use tallow as the crappy mainstream vegetable oil and its derivatives (some time olive oil but tallow is much better in many cases)

i found it when i eat Rye bread its actually okay but when i eat white bread i feel bad i feel unmotivated and lazy

is butter okay too ?

and can i consume some milk every-once in a while ? i dont feel my body is struggling with it when i do but maybe am wrong

edit: i hope to get some input how sustainable my diet is i take multi victims  supplement and few other things like omega 3

Edited by Ash55

9 hours ago, Ash55 said:

does bread cause mental fog and is bread/wheat actually that bad ? 

If you aren't allergic to it you can eat it. Whole grain is healthier but white bread isn't toxic. 

9 hours ago, Ash55 said:

how do i find high quality veges and distinguish them from low quality one ?

All veggies are healthy   

9 hours ago, Ash55 said:

is tuna bad too ? i found high qualities (also expensive) one here to be good, but please inform me about it

I would check for heavy metals, otherwise tuna is pretty healthy I would say. 

9 hours ago, Ash55 said:

am mostly living on grains nuts  sometime fruits, other times potato eggs ,and one in a while tuna salad 

good foods, I would include veggies, legumes, lean proteins if you want to.

9 hours ago, Ash55 said:

i found it when i eat Rye bread its actually okay but when i eat white bread i feel bad i feel unmotivated and lazy

looks like your body tells you it isn't good for you. 

9 hours ago, Ash55 said:

and can i consume some milk every-once in a while ? i dont feel my body is struggling with it when i do but maybe am wrong

no problem then

9 hours ago, Ash55 said:

edit: i hope to get some input how sustainable my diet is i take multi victims  supplement and few other things like omega 3

its not enough info to make an informed judgement. 

Well my life is much better without white bread,

9 hours ago, Jannes said:

I would check for heavy metals,

Do they include on the info on the can usually ?

All veggies are healthy   

even GMOs ?

good foods, I would include veggies, legumes, lean proteins if you want to.

i already eat beams, lentils, chick pea, am a bit sick of beams after eating it for a while X D but ill come back later
well its an interesting category to look into i guess i can make Green peas and carrot soup maybe with some mushrooms

looks like your body tells you it isn't good for you. 

yeah seem like it

its not enough info to make an informed judgement. 

well sometime i eat my magical recipe which is  peanut + wheat grain+ coconut powder + dates + bananas +oats + some other nuts ("i eat it everyday i got sick of it now lol' )
well now am alternating between lentils, eggs ,Bulgur ,potato/ sweet potato in these few days

sometime i make chicken based recipe , sometime i make tuna salad

sometime i eat junk food lol (i cut them now becasue they fucked me up )

1 month ego i made burger

i loved doing veterinarian meals but eating some chicks every once in a while too, doing yoga my diet slowly shifted toward veganism and vegetarianism but i eat chicken breast every now and then i feel like my body need that calories

seems like @Jannes already answers most of it with great level of clarity

Few outstanding points there: 

21 hours ago, Ash55 said:

i use tallow as the crappy mainstream vegetable oil and its derivatives (some time olive oil but tallow is much better in many cases)

where this is not bringing you over the safe daily saturated fat threshold (about 25-35g) it is probably ok, although I would personally make a switch towards vegetable oils (saying that might trigger a discussion here) as the data suggests that reduction of saturated fats in favour of more PUFA and MUFA is likely to be beneficial (all things being equal) 

is butter okay too ?

If you can make a painless switch to plant butter, I would do that, otherwise, see the comment above.

As of today, I am not yet fully familiar with the data on the threshold effects of butter and whether it survives adjustment for calories (e.g. is butter bad even when calories are accounted for?) . I'm doing a cardiovascular health deep dive later in the year so more info coming on that. But my intuition tells me less butter is better than more and considering plant butters taste pretty similar, it might be an easy win for you. 

It might come down to fibre content rather than the type of bread. If you were gluten intolerant/allergic both of those would mess you up. I think it comes down to the composition of the plate, fibre content and the ratio of total calories: complex carbs., 

Overall, I think you would benefit from a bit more variety & diversity of the types of food you eat. Mainly more plants, more colours, more different produce etc. It's going to be good for your gut and immune system tolerance too and might even help with any intolerances (if any exist ) 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

5 hours ago, Michael569 said:

(saying that might trigger a discussion here)

haven't ignited  WW3 yet ;)

well i think am okay when it comes to the fat because when i dont eat enough fat i feel fat is missing

Overall, I think you would benefit from a bit more variety & diversity of the types of food you eat. Mainly more plants, more colours, more different produce etc. It's going to be good for your gut and immune system tolerance too and might even help with any intolerances (if any exist ) 

well yeah i eat vegetables fruits with what am eating too, but really need a bit more diversification to my diet 

But my intuition tells me less butter is better than more

butter is really expensive here so only consumed it 3 times, my problem with vegetable oil that its fucks me up quickly my mental performance start dipping with in 2 days 

but with tallow i had 0 problem and am using like quadruple  the quantities that i usually would use with vegetable oil (also Egypt is much less regulated than probably where you are )

btw check out this

edit : the proper name maybe sunflower oil xD or corn oil am not sure which one is comely used there but we literally call it sunflower oil here but in arabic ;)  lool

Edited by Ash55

btw check out this

edit : the proper name maybe sunflower oil xD or corn oil am not sure which one is comely used there but we literally call it sunflower oil here but in arabic ;)  lool

I like Joseph Everett's content, however, this particular one is riddled with pseudoscience, appeals to expert opinions, rodent research and low-quality evidence. It is clear that he bit off more than he could chew and this video has been heavily criticised on medical Twitter for inaccuracies, cherry-picking and lack of human outcome data evidence. 

The pro-oxidative potential of PUFAs is basically negated by a ridiculously high content of antioxidants in these oils which have the ability to stop the chain of oxidation should it develop. The benefits vs cost ratio of seed and vegetable oils is strongly pro benefit which is not something that could be said of butter or other high SFA products., 

This video is not an accurate representation of the current nutritional data on seed oils and disease although it does seem convincing and pleasant to watch, ofcourse this is not something you'll hear a lot because most of the big names in the nutritional YouTube are marketers and smooth talkers, not researchers. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

Can you share with me a video or article that has more accurate information