arlin

Iron chelation?

5 posts in this topic

Hi guys. I have a issue with high ferritin in the blood. Of course the best way to lower iron levels is to donate blood. Unfortunately, i can't do it right now.

I was wondering what chelation agent for removing exess iron is best. The chelation therapy Leo mentions in the video how to detox heavy metals is more for led and mercury...

Does any of you know about something that works well for iron?

1 hour ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Cupping?

I never heard it works for eliminating iron. does it? Do you have any experience with it?

Would you be comfortable sharing your full iron panel results? 

The first step is to reduce your heme iron intake (red meat, organ meat, processed meat) and switch to plant dominant diet as non heme iron is slightly less bioavailable and less abundant. 

Secondly, check if any supplements you are taking have iron, this often gets lost but a lot of multi supplements are loaded with iron and some people cross take the same nutrient from multiple different sources. I'm sometimes surprised how little people know about what they are actually taking. 

In terms of reducing it, the safest way, unless you are at toxic levels, is to wait it out and reduce naturally by reducing your intake of the top foods as mentioned above. 

If you are very concerned speak to your doc, I believe there might be short term pharmacological applications to increase binding and excretion but this is not something I'm too familiar with. 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus