meta_male

Weed withdrawal - suicidal thoughts

5 posts in this topic

This is really unexpected but I recently quit weed and now my mind is trying to convince me to take my pistol and put an end to my life. I don't want this. I went out of my house now. I feel extremely good during the day, high confidence but as soon as it gets dark outside my mood drops like crazy. Guess I just had to write this down here.

How does it feel? Like an underlying sense of doom/anxiety that pervades your experience?

If it's anything related to stress/cortisol levels, eating a refined carb like bread can quickly stabilize your mood, even if you don't have an appetite. It might seem odd that eating bread could help but that's how our body chemistry is sometimes. It's the same logic behind stress-eating, but don't turn it into an addiction ofc.

You could also try showering or going for a walk. Both activities can have meditative effects.

Edited by Osaid

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho

56 minutes ago, Osaid said:

How does it feel? Like an underlying sense of doom/anxiety that pervades your experience?

Yeah. Like a negative energy field surrounding me, completely overshadowing my whole experience. It demands all of my attention. The harder I try to avoid it the stronger it gets, almost squishing me. Best way to describe it is with this clip (1:10-1:56)

I'll try out bread.

Edited by meta_male