Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MarkKol

What is the impact of Art? I'm asking, again.

2 posts in this topic

My guess is that Art doesn't have a concrete impact, rather It's "impact" is always open to interpretation. Which kinda frustrates me. 

Instead of Impact, I think the real purpose of Art is Excellence, rather than what mark it leaves on others. Why did Michelangelo bother with all this detail? What "Impact statement" did he have for it? My guess is, almost none.

In my old thread ''Artists aren't as impactful as engineers, People don't care about Art", I tried to exaggerate my statement to get more answers, and a lot of you said "Art is supposed to lead you towards god", and here I want you to elaborate on that, how does it point you towards god? What does that mean?

How does this Impact you? How do you know if the impact is real? Is it short lived? or does it last?

Description: 

This is a detail of the right forearm of Michelangelo's Moses (c. 1513–1515). The blue circle highlights a small muscle called extensor digiti minimi, which only contracts when the little finger is lifted

Fo3cxCeXEAAxY7A.jpg

image.jpg

2ee11f0048ddabadf744308b2ba3b834.jpg

Edited by MarkKol

The human body is the highest creation.

"I believe you are more afraid of condemning me to the stake than for me to receive your cruel and disproportionate punishment."

- Giordano Bruno, Campo de' Fiori, Rome, Italy. February 17th, 1600.

Cosmic pluralist, mathematician and poet.