flowboy

Death By Childhood - How Trauma Slowly Kills You

25 posts in this topic

@Gesundheit2  That's your repression system talking. You haven't healed at all, if you think that forgetting about it and not taking it seriously means healing. That's just repressing and living in denial.

Do what works for you though.

36 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

You should never read about trauma if you're traumatized.

*facepalm*

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

36 minutes ago, Gesundheit2 said:

I think childhood trauma is overrated by mainstream media. It's not as bad as it's portrayed to be, and healing is quite easy if you're unplugged from the triggers. I've had a lot of traumas and was able to heal from so much of them even though my environment is still toxic.

It's paradoxical. The less seriously you take trauma, the less serious it becomes. And the more stories you make up about it, the longer it sticks. Victims taking their victimhood seriously will simply lock them up in that role forever. Ignorance is bliss.

You should never read about trauma if you're traumatized. That'll only keep you stuck. Only read about it if you're healthy, and hope that you remain healthy, because it could sneak silently into your mind without you even knowing.

So this is what you become when you read a bit about childhood trauma, then your own Pain starts knocking at your door, ready to be healed, making you severely uncomfortable (triggers in your environment, maybe depression and anxiety) and wanting to turn away from it, while also presenting an immensely valuable opportunity to go through it and truly be free from it ..... aaaand you chicken out. ("unplugging from the triggers")

I don't blame you though, most people underestimate the massive quantity of pain that is stuck in them.

I did too.

But if you want to talk victim mindset, I'd say what you should have done is stay in the triggering environment.

Don't unplug.

If you're otherwise relatively healthy and stable, you should use your triggers to heal.

Instead you escaped them, like a victim.

You see, trauma healing is the most ballsy thing you can do.

It's terrifying, as my clients will confirm to you.

And you chickened out.

It's fine.

Come have a session when you're ready.

Edited by flowboy

Learn to resolve trauma. Together.

Testimonials thread: www.actualized.org/forum/topic/82672-experience-collection-childhood-aware-life-purpose-coaching/

@flowboy Damn! You exposed all my BS with this telepathic psychoanalysis. I'm speechless :P

4 hours ago, flowboy said:

@Gesundheit2  if you think that forgetting about it and not taking it seriously means healing. That's just repressing and living in denial.

That's not what I'm suggesting. I'm suggesting that trauma victims don't fill their minds with stories about how serious and dangerous their trauma might be. And instead, just acknowledge it and look at it as objectively as possible, learn the healing techniques and apply them. My trauma is not anyone else's, so there's not much point in collecting stories about other people's traumas, cuz they don't necessarily indicate or mean anything. Feeding the mind negative stories can impact your life negatively even if you're healthy. And if you're not, then the effect is double.

Edited by Gesundheit2

Foolish until proven other-wise ;)

5 hours ago, Gesundheit2 said:

I think childhood trauma is overrated by mainstream media. It's not as bad as it's portrayed to be, and healing is quite easy if you're unplugged from the triggers. I've had a lot of traumas and was able to heal from so much of them even though my environment is still toxic.

It's paradoxical. The less seriously you take trauma, the less serious it becomes. And the more stories you make up about it, the longer it sticks. Victims taking their victimhood seriously will simply lock them up in that role forever. Ignorance is bliss.

You should never read about trauma if you're traumatized. That'll only keep you stuck. Only read about it if you're healthy, and hope that you remain healthy, because it could sneak silently into your mind without you even knowing.

That could work some, but it is still a left brain coping strategy.   When you are under stress, the pain signals will still come from the right brain putting the whole strategy in jeopardy. 

Vincit omnia Veritas.

8 hours ago, flowboy said:

@Jodistrict Interesting reads, thank you for sharing!

I've bookmarked them.

The titles are a bit misleading, since in my opinion they say more positive things than negative about Primal therapy.

The fact that it cures many psychosomatic and neurotic symptoms, relatively early on, is still amazing to me.

It should be lauded and adopted everywhere purely because of that, in a perfect world.

Janov shouldn't have had such a big mouth and suggest he can cure anyone of anything, he went a bit too far there.

Some people it takes 6 years to heal completely, some people it doesn't work for.

But hey, how are competing therapies doing compared to that?

Not well, not well at all.

The concept of healing completely is so rare, it's hardly even fathomed in the world of main stream therapy.

I agree.  I actually find the results encouraging.   Janov came up with his therapy in the 1960s when knowledge of the brain was very limited and he was funding his own research.  However, in my opinion he has outlined the correct approach to psychotherapy, based on biology, that can result in a complete cure.  The other problem is getting money to support the research needed.  Only the government could provide funds to do this.  But the system has been captured by cognitive psychologists who have staked their careers on ineffective therapies and will fight to maintain the status quo.   The Janov therapists had to go through years of extra training and how many are still around?   There are plenty of fakes who will pretend to be primalists.      

Vincit omnia Veritas.