Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rafael Thundercat

Remote work not so remote anymore

4 posts in this topic

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cm9e5KatKdI/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

I am recieving  many news about the topic of companies now starting to rethink all the remote work model. 

What do you guys think, it all like a pendulum where things started to get to loose and now getting back to strict and regulated. I had a friend that was working remotely and was finding ways to slack a lot, so I can see the point of companies returning to the in-office model. 

If a specific company has evidence that efficiency has gone down since remote working they have the right to change things IMO.

Yeah, the trend is definitely changing from 100% remote. Most sane companies won't force people to go back 5 days a week but some presence in the office is likely to be the next thing in the post-covid world. 

I am not familiar with the evidence of remote work & productivity, I guess that is hard to measure. You can measure total revenue, net profit, sick days etc but those numbers are likely to get confounded by the fact that a lot of companies were cutting off expenses left & right during the pandemic so I don't know how reliable those results are going to be. 

Either way, I'd say a hybrid module is likely to be the future for roles like a back office where people don't need to meet clients or support the in-house running of the office. For facilities, sales, IT support and other roles that need more in-house presence more office time is likely to be expected 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

100% remote isn't beneficial for most people anyway. At least not long term. It's too isolating. Large companies would probably be inclined to say that the optimal is like 1 or 2 remote days a week for control reasons, but I would say it's probably something like 1 or 2 office days a week that would be ideal for most people.