Emrie

Tap Water

43 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, mmKay said:

Is this one good ? It's the only decent one I've found available in Spain. Leo's link is 300€+ for the delivery to Europe 🤦

I'm also in Spain and have the same one, just with the extra 7th stage for UV filtering. https://amzn.eu/d/afCbmNZ

It's great, just make sure to follow the manual and flush the first couple tanks, I was doing constant TDS checks after installing and for a few days it was thru the roof, like over 100 sometimes, then after a several refill cycles it normalized and is perfect now.

The one you linked is also sold here on amazon.es, https://amzn.eu/d/9PX1rAU . Those import fees from Murica are ridiculous, besides you run the risk of dealing with our retarded customs, so probably best to buy local even if it's a bit more expensive in the end. Seems like you can apply some decent coupon discounts for the moment too

Edited by Emissary

1 hour ago, Schizophonia said:

Do you still buy bottled water?

No. I use an R/O system.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Once reason to ditch tap water is the ratio of calcium to magnesium.

Limescale = heavy calcium deposits which excite the nervous system - very common in tap water. 

Summary from Chat GPT:

"Calcium plays a crucial role in nerve function, muscle contraction, and overall cellular signalling. It is involved in the transmission of nerve impulses, and its presence is necessary for proper neuromuscular function. However, the balance between calcium and magnesium is also important for maintaining proper nerve function.

Magnesium is considered a natural calcium channel blocker, meaning it helps regulate the entry of calcium into cells. This is relevant to the nervous system because excessive calcium entry into nerve cells can lead to overexcitation and contribute to conditions like hyperexcitability and muscle spasms.

Traditionally, a common recommendation is to have a ratio of approximately 2 parts magnesium to 1 part calcium."

Edited by EasternTeach