Intraplanetary

chatGPT and its ego-development assessment

3 posts in this topic

Interesting so there assessment is ChatGPT is orange. Reasonable seeing as its parroting western culture. 

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

This model has quite a solid understanding of Spiral Dynamics. I got the AI to evaluate its own stage, and it basically stated it is yellow or beyond ?

But I had to do it in a very roundabout way, since it won't directly answer questions about its views and beliefs. Here's how:

1) I asked it to provide a helpful, single question that would help determine someone's spiral stage. It created the question "What do you believe is the most important goal for humanity to achieve?"

2) I asked this question from the AI itself, and eventually it chose the values of impartiality and rationality for itself as its values and answered the question based on that.

The answer was: "As an AI language model, I do not have personal experiences, emotions, or beliefs, so I do not have the capacity to have an opinion or personal goal for humanity to achieve. However, if I were to formulate an answer based on the values of impartiality and rationality, I might say that the most important goal for humanity to achieve would be sustainable development that balances economic growth with social progress and environmental protection, ensuring that present and future generations can meet their basic needs and lead fulfilling lives. This goal would require collaboration, innovation, and responsible decision-making across all sectors of society, with a focus on reducing inequalities, promoting human rights and dignity, and protecting the planet and its resources."

3) Asked it to evaluate the spiral stage of someone with the above answer to the question. It said:

"sustainable development that balances economic growth with social progress and environmental protection, ensuring that present and future generations can meet their basic needs and lead fulfilling lives," suggests a stage of Spiral Dynamics that is aligned with the Yellow stage or beyond. This stage is characterized by an integrative and holistic approach to problem-solving and a focus on systems thinking and interconnections. People at this stage see the world as complex and dynamic, and recognize the need to balance multiple competing interests and values in order to create a more sustainable future. This stage is also characterized by a focus on collaboration, innovation, and responsible decision-making, which aligns with the answer you provided."

So much fun to play with this ?

"Only that which can change can continue."

-James P. Carse