Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SonataAllegro

Praise for Andrew Tate vid

2 posts in this topic

Seriously, @Leo Gura, one of your best in depth, balanced analyses of a person and his mindset. I love the focus on character and ethics, a side of spirituality that too often gets underplayed in our discussions of metaphysics. Here you’re really hitting the sweet spot between lofty and practical. Bravo!

Edited by SonataAllegro

1 hour ago, SonataAllegro said:

Seriously, @Leo Gura, one of your best in depth, balanced analyses of a person and his mindset. I love the focus on character and ethics, a side of spirituality that too often gets underplayed in our discussions of metaphysics. Here you’re really hitting the sweet spot between lofty and practical. Bravo!

The video by Leo on Andrew Tate was okay, it got the job done for me but I think it could've been a lot better. Even though Leo said the video wasn't meant to tear Tate down, he ended up trashing him throughout the whole thing. Some of the things he said weren't even accurate which made his arguments not as strong. If he had talked about the issues without being so biased and not calling Tate names like "scumbag", I think a lot more people would have believed what he had to say.

The video by Leo on Andrew Tate had some valuable points and changed my perspective, but it may not have been successful in convincing Tate's fans as it seemed like a combination of education and slandering Tate. To improve the effectiveness of the video, I think Leo should have:

• Discussed the dangers of Andrew Tate's mindset without using personal attacks, such as calling him a "scumbag". The example of Tate's own statements about pimping out his girlfriend was a powerful point, but he should have avoided all other arguments against Tate as they are more controversial and unclear. When trying to get a point across to Tate's fans, it's crucial to make sure you have your facts straight and that there are no weak points in your accusations against Tate, because they tend to look for ways to dismiss your entire message if you give them an opening.
  • Included more detail on the advice he provided for young people, specifically about traps and critical thinking, which would have helped viewers understand and apply the advice better. I feel like he should have summarized the Advice for young people video. 
  • Should have kept the video shorter, no more than an hour and a half, to keep the audience engaged and prevent information overload. No teenager Tate fan will watch a three hour video. 

This is my constructive criticism for @Leo Gura , I am seriously asking you to look at what I am saying here.  

Edited by UpperMaster