Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lyubov

How to boost creativity and make wise choices when changing careers?

3 posts in this topic

I want to change careers. I want to become a web developer, start with front end then become full stack, and hopefully work my way up to software engineer. I’d like to do this without a cs degree if possible. 

right now I have these beliefs about it and I’d say how I’m going about doing it

- I’m reasonably disciplined and learning what skills and abilities I must have to succeed in this field. I also could further research what I need to learn.

- I need to network eventually which I haven’t really done before and is new to me. 
- I realize we learn through mistakes and I’m willing to make them. I hope I can avoid making something big, like this not working out for me and having wasted my time, but that sometimes happens and I’ve weighed the ideas and I think I’m going about this as rationally as I can.

- I would like to start putting in much more work into this.

- I’m fairly decisive and can make choices when I need to. 
- some stuff in my personal life is keeping me from fully committing as much time as I would like to this but I’m working on resolving this 

What I believe I could develop is creativity since it’s one thing I lack with second being the drive to put in massive amount of work. Any tips to improve in these things and anything else I could work on? 

@Lyubov Can you take a week or so and do some kind of solo retreat where you don't have anything to distract yourself? 

Poland has one of the best Vipassana centers in Europe, rooms with an ensuite bathroom and shower. I was able to connect with my intuition quite well on a retreat in July, and I had some awesome mental and physical purging.

Ease off on the info and entertainment intake.  Including any busy work, forum stuff, etc..

Create more silence and just Be, and Listen.

Edited by Matt23

"Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down"   --   Marry Poppins