WalterM

Fear of abandoning career

4 posts in this topic

Currently, I'm taking the Life Purpose Course, and it feels daunting to leave my current career to pursue something else. I'm financially stable, but unhappy professionally. It's particularly hard, because I have invested a lot of effort in what I work now.

I have many interests, but definitely not a clear idea what my life purpose would be. I fear choosing a life purpose, but after some years getting bored with it, and having to start all over again. Or worse, not making enough money to support myself.

Anyone has tips on how to deal with this fear? If anyone is transitioning careers, I would love to hear the experience. Any recommendation of self-help or biography books related to this topic would help as well.

It’s tricky but make sure you have everything figured out and logistics taken care of first. Then take some extra time in visualization even after you could make the switch to imagine what it’s like (not the benefits) and see if you’d really be happy doing that. Don’t switch too soon. 

Imagining my new daily work routine is great advice, I will plan well and switch gradually.