nick96

What Does Science Know About Thoughts And Emotions ?

2 posts in this topic

What does science know about thoughts and emotions ? 

What is a thought physically ?

Does science know how to decode thoughts from what they are as a physical thing to the way we (as consciousness) experience them (as images or sounds mostly expressed in language) ? ( I mean if science somehow is able to reproduce thoughts outside the mind in the way we perceive them inside our mind through consciousness ?)

What is an emotion physically ?

Does science know how to decode emotions to something not experiencial but that we can understand on the level of thought and that we can link to our own experience ? (I mean if science is able to reproduce emotions that we feel in our body through consciousness as a thing outside our bodies that we can understand mentally (through thought) and that possibly we can relate to a personal experience ?)

If some technology that decodes both thoughts and emotions existed and it worked in real time and was available to everyone I imagine society would change radically: lying could not be an option any more and truth would permeate society. Consequences of this would be huge for humanity!

I think that in the future a technology of this kind will actually exist (maybe in a few hundred years) and I imagine that by this time most of psychology will have become scientifically studied. 

Does someone have clear and accurate knowledge about which point of development has science reached in these fields right now ?

Please answer if you have good knowledge about the topic :)

Observe reality as it is, not as you would like it to be 

I like the topic man. To me, the emotions are an experience of the infinite. Emotions are guidance. Where we go wrong is in believing people who tell us to do things we don't want to do, emotionally speaking, convincing ourselves that the now is worth trading.  Ignored emotions cause some very unfortunate mind and body problems. It is harder to get where we are going when we ignore the guidance.

Also, 60% of the time, emotions work every time! 

Edited by Nahm

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE