Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EugeneTheSage

Anyone experienced with ETF (tapping)?

8 posts in this topic

Hey, I just wanted to know if someone has a positive experience with tapping. This man claims that EFT makes your reptilian brain calm down and releasing trauma. He also said that after few hours of tapping Iraq veterans have released their trauma: memories of unpleasant events didn't bother them emotionally anymore after session. This woman claims that there is connection to acupuncture - by tapping you are targeting energy meridians and nerves and make them fire in different circuits. After few sessions of Brad Yates tapping I feel refreshed. What are your experiences? I'm particularly interested if someone had made a significant progress&life changes with this technique

Holy shit. Did 3-4 sessions of ETF and TRE (trauma release exercises), trataka meditation - want to jump, sing, dance. Right now is an evening - in the morning before I thought my life is a catastrophe.

@EugeneTheSage Yeah, I've done a lot of tapping.

It's working for me. In fact it's what works best from the view things that work for me (to change unwanted emotional responses).

In the beginning I did it wrong, so it didn't really work, then I figured out how exactly I need to do it and it started working a lot better.

Basically all of my insecurities, anxieties and traumas have improved with the use of this technique.

How does it actually work? I heard good things about it but never noticed much myself

16 hours ago, EugeneTheSage said:

What was the mistake you've made? What did you change to make it work for you? I have intuition that you should barely stroking the skin, without much pressure.

The mistake was my thinking process during the technique (the mental exposure).

It was too vague and unspecific, too general.

You must really be willing to confront your really ugly thoughts and express them, this is what brings up the emotion, so it can be reprocessed.

Instead of "I'm just always so anxious" or "I have low self esteem" it's much more beneficial to use things like "today, when that person looked at me in the bus, I felt so judged and weird, like I'm a loser" or something of that nature. Go into the details of the awkwardness.

You can even visualize being in a uncomfortable situation and e.g. doing something that you're afraid of. But not in an attempt to be positive (like visualization in positive thinking practices), but rather in an attempt to fully bring that fear up, while tapping on it.

Then it works.

On 12/18/2022 at 11:34 AM, Federico del pueblo said:

The mistake was my thinking process during the technique (the mental exposure).

It was too vague and unspecific, too general.

You must really be willing to confront your really ugly thoughts and express them, this is what brings up the emotion, so it can be reprocessed.

Instead of "I'm just always so anxious" or "I have low self esteem" it's much more beneficial to use things like "today, when that person looked at me in the bus, I felt so judged and weird, like I'm a loser" or something of that nature. Go into the details of the awkwardness.

You can even visualize being in a uncomfortable situation and e.g. doing something that you're afraid of. But not in an attempt to be positive (like visualization in positive thinking practices), but rather in an attempt to fully bring that fear up, while tapping on it.

Then it works.

Actually I do exactly as you've said. I try to feel the undesired feeling to its fullest, I'm remembering the situations which bring up the undesired emotion

5 hours ago, EugeneTheSage said:

Actually I do exactly as you've said. I try to feel the undesired feeling to its fullest, I'm remembering the situations which bring up the undesired emotion

Great!

Just persist with it for some time.

Like, don't necessarily expect some long-term emotional pattern to just be gone after tapping on it for 1 or 2 times.

It will take more with the really challenging issues, so repeat the process until you feel like something has actually changed.