Revolutionary Think

I've Started Standing Up for Myself

5 posts in this topic

Hi everyone I'll start with this at a young age I was always the "nice guy" I was always saying that it was ok when I didn't get my needs met just to not be a rabble rouser. I was very conservative too and hardly wanted to bother my parents I thought my parents worked hard for there money and I wasn't working so I didn't feel like I should ask them for things I didn't earn. Another things was that I wanted to always find a way to help even at my own expense because I thought it was "the right thing to do". 

Until... I want to live a life that I like and I'm tired of sacrificing my needs. Me and I coworker blew up on my manager and I was really mean to one of my higher ups at great risk and now I think he has more respect for me and bothers me and my coworker much less. I also blew up on my own mom too telling her so many things that I waited to tell her for a long time. More of this and instances of this in my life where I argue with people I would just say OK maybe you're right to those people. It feels really good and empowering to stand up for myself and not be so conflict avoidant that just to keep the peace I suffer in silence. Anyway just wanted to put that out there. 

@Revolutionary Think Good for you. Sometimes you just gotta tell them the damn truth. It can be a loving thing too, stir someone out of delusion for once hopefully. ;)

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。