Artsu

Mystical experiences, and mania etc.

62 posts in this topic

Do any of you have phases where mystical experiences just keep happening, day after day?

And you might become very energised as a result, with lots of realisations, powerful experiences, and so on, constantly happening?

I get this, maybe once a year, and it's been diagnosed as a severe mental illness. It's not ACTUALLY a mental illness though, and is seen as such because the mental health system is thoroughly anti-spiritual.

Can any of you relate?

If you're serious about this work, then that happens often. 

Also, feel free to share some of the realizations that you are having. We will see if they are important or are you just tricking yourself?

Because it might be a mental illness, but you are trying to find an escape route for not doing anything by getting approval on this forum. Just a possibility, I guess. 

7 minutes ago, Edvardas said:

If you're serious about this work, then that happens often. 

Also, feel free to share some of the realizations that you are having. We will see if they are important or are you just tricking yourself?

Because it might be a mental illness, but you are trying to find an escape route for not doing anything by getting approval on this forum. Just a possibility, I guess. 

So this is normal for spiritual people?

I've been locked in the psych ward for talking about it. And I'm very honest so I keep talking about it.

How do I get out of this trap?

Not gonna take the rest of your post seriously.

1 minute ago, Artsu said:

So this is normal for spiritual people?

I've been locked in the psych ward for talking about it. And I'm very honest so I keep talking about it.

How do I get out of this trap?

Not gonna take the rest of your post seriously.

Are you open to the idea that you are in denial about your mental illness?

I am simply asking you to share your insights, nothing more, really. 

Anyway, yes, you can have extremely mind-blowing insights continuously for hours at some points in your journey, but that's a long way ahead. It requires years of serious work.

5 minutes ago, Edvardas said:

Are you open to the idea that you are in denial about your mental illness?

I am simply asking you to share your insights, nothing more, really. 

Anyway, yes, you can have extremely mind-blowing insights continuously for hours at some points in your journey, but that's a long way ahead. It requires years of serious work.

Derp.

Hours? What about weeks?

I'm just asking if anyone has prolonged mystical experiences, and how powerful these get.

The closest I've come to reading about this is the idea of "spiritual emergency". There's gotta be information out there...

55 minutes ago, Artsu said:

It's not ACTUALLY a mental illness though

How so?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Just now, Carl-Richard said:

How so?

Because it's not?

How is mystical experience a mental illness?

You are demonising spirituality.

Just now, Artsu said:

Because it's not?

How is mystical experience a mental illness?

You are demonising spirituality.

How do you end up in the mental hospital? What are the exact events leading up to it?

How do you end up in the mental hospital? What are the exact events leading up to it?

That's private.

What I will share, is that they justify keeping me there because I talk to spirits.

Talking to spirits is a profound spiritual ability.

This thread is not about me.

It's about finding out if others go through prolonged mystical experiences, and how powerful these get, and if your behaviour changes, and so on.

Yes, of course. 

I've been diagnosed with a serious mental illness when it took a turn for the worse though.  But I've had prolonged experiences of the mystical.  And large levels of being 'energized' 

I'm not very good at describing it, so I don't bother but there are people out there. 

Edited by Proserpina

???????

9 minutes ago, Proserpina said:

Yes, of course. 

I've been diagnosed with a serious mental illness when it took a turn for the worse though.  But I've had prolonged experiences of the mystical.  And large levels of being 'energized' 

I'm not very good at describing it, so I don't bother but there are people out there. 

It's notoriously hard to describe this stuff.

That's one of the main problems when it comes to the mental health system.

Though even with PERFECT explanations, they still wouldn't accept it.

For me, it's not that it takes a turn for the worse per se, but that it gets intense.

My behaviour changes, and it worries people.

Soon, the mental health system are called, and once you've been put in the psych ward once, it's very easy to go back there.

There is no justice in the mental health system. The psych ward is corrupt as it comes.

Edited by Artsu

6 minutes ago, Artsu said:

That's private.

What I will share, is that they justify keeping me there because I talk to spirits.

Talking to spirits is a profound spiritual ability.

Ok. I'll say it's possible to have mystical experiences and at the same time be rightfully diagnosed with a mental illness, and it's possible to have mystical experiences and not be diagnosed with a mental illness.

Ok. I'll say it's possible to have mystical experiences and at the same time be rightfully diagnosed with a mental illness, and it's possible to have mystical experiences and not be diagnosed with a mental illness.

And I'll say that being diagnosed with a mental illness doesn't mean you actually have that mental illness, and not being diagnosed with a mental illness doesn't mean that you don't have one.

This whole fricking forum could be 'rightfully' diagnosed as schizophrenic.

Look at what you guys talk about!

Do you think that the mental health system would actually approve of these discussions?

Spirituality is demonised by the mental health system.

Mystical experiences are not acknowledged.

Talking to spirits is a hallucination associated with schizophrenia, apparently.

And believing in spirits is a delusion, also associated with schizophrenia.

Just now, Artsu said:

And I'll say that being diagnosed with a mental illness doesn't mean you actually have that mental illness, and not being diagnosed with a mental illness doesn't mean that you don't have one.

If you come back to the mental hospital every year and display symptoms which is consistent with the diagnosis, then it's most likely not a misdiagnosis.

If you come back to the mental hospital every year and display symptoms which is consistent with the diagnosis, then it's most likely not a misdiagnosis.

Yes, mystical experiences are a mental illness.

Seriously, get off this forum if you're gonna talk like that.

8 minutes ago, Artsu said:

It's notoriously hard to describe this stuff.

That's one of the main problems when it comes to the mental health system.

Though even with PERFECT explanations, they still wouldn't accept it.

For me, it's not that it takes a turn for the worse per se, but that it gets intense.

My behaviour changes, and it worries people.

Soon, the mental health system are called, and once you've been put in the psych ward once, it's very easy to go back there.

There is no justice in the mental health system. The psych ward is corrupt as it comes.

Yes, I think intense would be a better description than 'a turn for the worse'.  

The mental health system is indeed deeply corrupt.  I agree with most of what you've said in this thread.  You're not alone. 

???????

1 minute ago, Proserpina said:

Yes, I think intense would be a better description than 'a turn for the worse'.  

The mental health system is indeed deeply corrupt.  I agree with most of what you've said in this thread.  You're not alone. 

Thanks, Proserpina.