Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
at_anchor

Sleep

5 posts in this topic

I think that lack of sleep causes emotional disturbances over the day just as much as stuff you are alergic to in your food. I often get woken up or am unable to fall asleep due to lights and noise in the environment. Also, in the last couple of days for some reason I woke up from sleep too early, while it is still dark, around 4AM by my myself, even though I didn't go to sleep on time.

9 minutes ago, Judy2 said:

Have you tried noise-cancelling headphones and a sleep mask?

With headphones you have to sleep on your back. I can't sleep on my back, because my tongue falls into my throat and it is uncomfortable. I like to lay down on my left side and kind of just have my knees as close to me as possible. 

Ultra soft foam earplugs and blackout curtains

I got my earplugs on Amazon, like $15 for 60 pairs. Get the highest dB number you can, mine are 38.

I've also tried Loop reusable silicone ones and I'd rather just use 1 pair of foam ones for a week and discard for hygienic purposes.

Now I usually sleep with just 1 earplug in. I also sleep on my left side. So I put 1 earplug in my right ear (facing up) and the pillow against my left ear cancels out most noise from that side and it's more comfortable.

Key is to put them in properly. You have to go deep enough to get a good seal, don't worry about them getting stuck. And you have to hold it in place for about 30 seconds while the foam expands.

One of my favorite things lately is listening to the world gradually go silent as the foam expands haha. The difference is crazy. I can't even hear a fan running on high setting in my room once they're in.

Edited by Yarco

We have a bit more expensive import taxes and as a result everything foreign is more than double the price. 

I hate when I don't get enough sleep and end up having sexual thoughts and then orgasms from the weakness, which then makes me even weaker. 

I guess the best thing to do next time I'm not allowed to sleep is to just get up and do something until there is peace and quiet. That way at least I won't lose two things at once.

I din't get enough sleep again and am not feeling well.

Edited by at_anchor