John Iverson

Help me know what Infrastructures are you using?

10 posts in this topic

So this questions make me clueless of what can we use about Learning Creativity, and Productivity. Specially to really advance ourselves in todays modern day. Now we do things having tools or clothes that has science on it. Tell us here what you use to yourselves, any Laptop? Hardrives, Software, Equipments, Applications, Websites, Drugs, Computer desktops, Gadgets, clothes, soap, subsctiptions, courses, diet, technology, etc. 

Help me produce an answer to these questions by your suggestions of what are infrastructures exist out there. Because right now i don't know what are infrastructures really exist out there. I am just starting, in 1 month from now i will have my first salary and i am preparing my life to build infrastructures. 

First question and i am going to choose based on my values and after replying some of your replies. 

1. What Infrastructure could I build to increase learning? 

2. What Infrastructure could I build to increase creativity? 

3. What Infrastructure could I build to optimize how I use technology, gadgetry, email, software. Etc? 

Can you help me know what are infrastructures exist out there for me to really discover what i want in life? 

@John Iverson

1. Contemplation mixed with action taking is the most powerful way to increase learning (wisdom) in my opinion. You don’t need a fancy technology. You simply need to train the mind to think deeply about the word and to go out there and put your ideas to practice. Things like psychedelics and journaling are obviously helpful for contemplation.

2. I use artwork. I surround myself with art at all times. My house looks like a museum. I collect art that inspires me and surround myself with imagery that makes me feel alive. Also take psychedelics, listen to music, get exposed to new ideas by interacting with a variety of people, try new things, etc.

3. Having a common place book to collect my ideas and notes has been a game changer for me. I use one note.

All that said, I get the vibe that you’re a very “heady” dude. The greatest infastructure you have is your intuition. Develop that. Learn to connect with your body and you’ll be able to “feel” into what you want out of life.

The game of survival cannot be won. 

54 minutes ago, King Merk said:

@John Iverson

1. Things like psychedelics and journaling are obviously helpful for contemplation.

2. I use artwork. I surround myself with art at all times. My house looks like a museum. I collect art that inspires me and surround myself with imagery that makes me feel alive. Also take psychedelics, listen to music, get exposed to new ideas by interacting with a variety of people, try new things, etc.

3. Having a common place book to collect my ideas and notes has been a game changer for me. I use one note.

All that said, I get the vibe that you’re a very “heady” dude. The greatest infastructure you have is your intuition. Develop that. Learn to connect with your body and you’ll be able to “feel” into what you want out of life.

Finally there is someone who replies to my post. In number one what do you use in journaling your Ideas, what laptop or technology and other stuffs? 

2. Can i see? A picture? Of your house? And other artworks? Please. 

In your one note, do you pay? Can i see it i wanna see how it looks. 

Agree in your final statement. Thank you very much!, ?

@John Iverson Personally I have a rose gold MacBook Air. A lot of people shit on apple products but I love their simplicity & aesthetics.

I have the app onenote (which is free) downloaded on my laptop and my phone. It automatically uploads to the cloud so I can seemlessly go back and forth between my phone & laptop to take notes/journal. 

I have a variety of things I journal about. I have a daily log that I do at the end of every day where I summarize what happened during the day and how I’m feeling at the time. I’ve done this every day for the last 4 years and have found it to be a very powerful habit.

I have a similar habit of logging what I eat every day and how it impacts my body. Also extremely powerful.

Then sometimes I do longer format free writings where I riff about a certain subject or where my life is at. I also use my onenote app to creat a “commonplace book” to collect these logs as well as various other ideas and note.

Leo has a video all about commonplace books. I highly suggest you look into it.

I also use my commonplace book (on onenote) to do practical things like creating my monthly budgets.

With regards to my living space I won’t share a picture of my house just for privacy reasons but I’ll try and explain what it looks like to you.

I have about 15 paintings hung up on the wall that me or someone dear to me has done, i have a huge bookcase with a few hundred books, aesthetic lights, a sword, a dodecahedron, small posters of things I like such as a jui jitsu poster & a notre dame poster, lots & lots of pictures of my friends and family, a couple whiteboards where I write my goals & calander for the month.

I also have my vision board hung up that I created in Leo’s life purpose course. I have some plants, my guitar, a piano and a Japanese style floor table with meditation cushions around it (fuck chairs & sitting in them, it’s terrible for your body).

So yea, hopefully that paints a vivid enough picture? I simply surround myself with art and things that inspire me.

Your home should do that, inspire your.

Let me know if you have any other questions. And kudos for being curious about all of this. I respect you trying to leverage technology and the infanstructure of your life to maximize creativity & wellbeing.

You’re on the right path bud :D 

Edited by King Merk

2 hours ago, King Merk said:

@John Iverson Personally I have a rose gold MacBook Air. A lot of people shit on apple products but I love their simplicity & aesthetics.

I have the app onenote (which is free) downloaded on my laptop and my phone. It automatically uploads to the cloud so I can seemlessly go back and forth between my phone & laptop to take notes/journal. 

I have a variety of things I journal about. I have a daily log that I do at the end of every day where I summarize what happened during the day and how I’m feeling at the time. I’ve done this every day for the last 4 years and have found it to be a very powerful habit.

I have a similar habit of logging what I eat every day and how it impacts my body. Also extremely powerful.

Then sometimes I do longer format free writings where I riff about a certain subject or where my life is at. I also use my onenote app to creat a “commonplace book” to collect these logs as well as various other ideas and note.

Leo has a video all about commonplace books. I highly suggest you look into it.

I also use my commonplace book (on onenote) to do practical things like creating my monthly budgets.

With regards to my living space I won’t share a picture of my house just for privacy reasons but I’ll try and explain what it looks like to you.

I have about 15 paintings hung up on the wall that me or someone dear to me has done, i have a huge bookcase with a few hundred books, aesthetic lights, a sword, a dodecahedron, small posters of things I like such as a jui jitsu poster & a notre dame poster, lots & lots of pictures of my friends and family, a couple whiteboards where I write my goals & calander for the month.

I also have my vision board hung up that I created in Leo’s life purpose course. I have some plants, my guitar, a piano and a Japanese style floor table with meditation cushions around it (fuck chairs & sitting in them, it’s terrible for your body).

So yea, hopefully that paints a vivid enough picture? I simply surround myself with art and things that inspire me.

Your home should do that, inspire your.

Let me know if you have any other questions. And kudos for being curious about all of this. I respect you trying to leverage technology and the infanstructure of your life to maximize creativity & wellbeing.

You’re on the right path bud :D 

Thank you for the appriciate i love it! What chair do you use? How do you sit? Can i see what it looks like the chair you're sitting

@John Iverson

1. Bookshelf, books, journals, pens, reading lists

2. What are you trying to create? Buy/ research relevant software or tools. Then go buy a reasonably price course and commit to completing it. Then, create little projects.

3. I personally am still figuring out a system that works for me. I currently use a mixture of google suite for calendar and email, One Note for common place book, remarkable tablet for distraction free contemplation and self reflection and Notion for planning. 

I use Intuit and an excel sheet, and a basic physical purchase journal as I am building out my own own personal financial system. 

I’m still refining my infrastructure. I think it’s probably best overall to keep it simple. 

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

@John Iverson I spend a lot of time sitting cross cross on my meditation cushion.

I also sit in a seiza pose and a cowboy pose which is like a half seiza/half kneeling and rotate through.

Look up the “GOATA” movement system if you’re interested in learning more about biomechanics and why sitting is so terrible for the physical structure of the body 

On 18/10/2022 at 6:54 PM, Thought Art said:

@John Iverson

1. Bookshelf, books, journals, pens, reading lists

2. What are you trying to create? But relevant software or tools. Then go buy a reasonably price course and commit to completing it. Then, create little projects.

3. I personally am still figuring out a system that works for me. I currently use a mixture of google suite for calendar and email, One Note for common place book, remarkable tablet for distraction free contemplation and self reflection and Notion for planning. 

I use Intuit and an excel sheet, and a basic physical purchase journal as I am building out my own own personal financial system. 

I’m still refining my infrastructure. I think it’s probably best overall to keep it simple. 

Thankkk youuu. It is not yet clear what i want to create but you know all that matters for me right now is what is really out there. I know what i want when the things like software is known to me. That is why i am creating this post for me to get know what is outhere then i will decide oh this what i need in my life. 

@John Iverson often times courses will recommend tools, software, and resources too. Kinda had it in the wrong order

I have a simple set up for Notion, and google. I need to create a more seemless system. I’ll get there. Tonight I work on my personal finances and I’ll do planning and working on my system at the same time. 

You can also for number 1. Create a list of potential online courses you want to take. It also helps to write out all the areas of your life you want to learn more about.

If you have a reading list, course list, common place book you can organize your learning. 

Also there are some really good books on self guided learning and skill development which may be useful as early books to read. Code of the extraordinary mind, the first 20 hours, self learning blueprint are good books to start with.

Edited by Thought Art

"Unburdened and Becoming" - Bon Iver

◭"89"

3 hours ago, King Merk said:

@John Iverson I spend a lot of time sitting cross cross on my meditation cushion.

I also sit in a seiza pose and a cowboy pose which is like a half seiza/half kneeling and rotate through.

Look up the “GOATA” movement system if you’re interested in learning more about biomechanics and why sitting is so terrible for the physical structure of the body 

Thanks you are helping me alot here