Guest Nazar

Why Is Education Important, Why Do I Absolutely Need To Invest My Time Into It?

3 posts in this topic

Education, deep down, is a strong value of mine but I'm out of line, disconnected from it, and everyday its causing me regret, pain, and disappointment with myself, because I eaten of the sweet serene fruits of wisdom and knowledge and yearn for them again. When i process information, facts, reality, I'm logical, masculine, and closer to my divine self. I find that I'm full of excuses and fears, delusions really, not to study. Please enlighten my mind, maybe you've had this same struggle and finally freed yourself or maybe you've never had this issue and have always been very serious and disciplined about it, Any advice, feedback, or perspective would be helpful, I love to study but I'm not doing it, I'm tired of these stupid mind games and procrastination. thanks guys.

6 minutes ago, Nazar said:

I'm out of line, disconnected from it

The education that has prevailed is very insufficient, incomplete, superficial. It only creates people who can earn their livelihood but it does not give any insight into living itself. It is not only incomplete, it is harmful too – because it is based on competition.

Any type of competition is violent deep down, and creates people who are unloving. Their whole effort is to be the achievers: of name, of fame, of all kinds of ambitions – obviously, they have to struggle and be in conflict for them. That destroys their joys and that destroys their friendliness. It seems everybody is fighting against the whole world.

Education up to now has been goal-oriented: what you are learning is not important; what is important is the examination that will come a year or two years later. It makes the future important – more important than the present. It sacrifices the present for the future. And that becomes your very style of life; you are always sacrificing the moment for something which is not present. It creates a tremendous emptiness in life.

Our whole education is rotten. It certainly makes you clerks, stationmasters, postmen, police commissioners. It gives you a livelihood, but it does not give you life, and it does not give you love.

All education remains part of the mind; it does not make you more alert, more conscious, it simply fills you with information. It treats you like a computer. The society’s whole interest is in how to exploit you, how to enslave you, how to use you in a more efficient way, almost like a machine. It gives you all the education just for these hidden, secret aims. It prevents you from knowing anything about meditation.

Education is not bringing peace and silence and blissfulness to people. There is something missing in it; it is only education in subjects which do not touch your interior being at all. They may make you doctors, engineers, professors, but they do not give you the insight that can create a Gautam Buddha in you. 

Sounds like you need a vaca. Come back with perspective. Maybe you've been zoomed in for a little too long. It's important to zoom out once in a while.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE