Carl-Richard

Genius JP clip

4 posts in this topic

Genius insights into how the oldest mythological stories directly tie into the mechanics of our cognition. You can clearly see the crossover with John Vervaeke's series on Awakening from the Meaning Crisis.

Edited by Carl-Richard

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.

Interesting video. I hadn't seen this before trying to justify mythology to you through the symbol of the Sun! Funny coincidence.

One of the things I find very interesting about the Egyptian myth which Jordan mentions is that Seth, the god of chaos, goes down every night with the Sun to protect it from Apep. This suggests a significant distinction between the snake Apep as Absolute Chaos and Seth as the relative chaos which is the necessary counterbalance to divine Order.

I mostly agree with the Jungian critique of Nietzsche's idea of "value creation" which Jordan lays out, except that it overlooks the primarily destructive orientation of Nietzsche's whole project: his "transvaluation of all values" is essentially an attempt to clear away those values which are no longer serving to humanity so as to create the free space out of which new values can emerge.

I'm also looking forward to "Snail King", in cinemas soon!

From the creative minds at Marvel Studios, we bring to you... SNAIL KING!

Once upon a time in a small town in France a young snail was living an ordinary life, eating lettuce and climbing up the walls. One day, he accidentally wriggles his his way into an ancient Rosicrucian burial ground. The Rosicrucians had enchanted the burial ground using the lost secrets of ancient Egyptian incantation, so that whoever first discovered it would become a King. As the snail crawled along the floor of this ancient monument, he suddenly started to grow. He quickly grew so large that his shell broke open the burial ground. In only a day, he was as large as a small village! Everywhere the snail crawled, people would immediately gather around him and prostrate themselves in awe of his majestic dignity, slathering themselves in his slimy juices and emulating with their bodies the patterns of his shell. In a short time, the Snail King had amassed a following of millions. A short time later, the whole world was by his side - except a few nay-sayers who hopelessly repeated the ancient prophecies regarding the False Prophet who would emerge at Doomsday. At the exact moment in which the Snail had converted the whole world to his service, the gargantuan Snail remained still and started to shake uncontrollably. Suddenly, his shell exploded into a billion tiny fragments and a tsunami of slime was unleashed upon humanity. The whole world was drowned in this flood and most life was lost, except for a few lone survivors who were destined to plant the seeds of the next cycle of time...

I may have been reading H.P. Lovecraft recently...

Edited by Oeaohoo

He who bathes in the light of Oeaohoo will never be deceived by the veil of Mâyâ. 

Helena Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine