Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Julian gabriel

What is The Bible?

3 posts in this topic

The Christian bible confuses me. 

It seems to have a lot of wisdom and also a lot of stupidity.

What do you think it is about and why?

What is it made for? 

Im also curious about the tree of knowledge and the burning bush as a metaphor for psychedelics. 

Well it's sort of a study expressing a certain evolution of faith and power in hope.

The Bible definitely expresses three things about God, and it is described in this culminating order, from Old Testament to New:

God is spirit.

God is word. 

God is love.

It's made for people who might be better off as interpreters of meaning I guess. It's heavy in symbolism and was very influential in describing metaphor/transcendence when people lived in less intellectually abundant modes of living.

Realistically, you can read it today to be more relatable to others. I wouldn't encourage you to count it out of your reading list. But it can be a slog.

56 minutes ago, Julian gabriel said:

Im also curious about the tree of knowledge and the burning bush as a metaphor for psychedelics. 

It's funny in a way that you mention this right off of the bat, because I can easily imagine indoctrinated Christians wondering about this last-- after they've been thoroughly studied in the Bible. Burning curiosity about the stoned ape theory is just mental masturbation honestly. Consuming knowledge isn't always a metaphor for a psychedelic either. Just look up 'madeleine moment' by Marcel Proust.

If you are keen to figure out what the Bible is, read it for yourself.

It's essentially the Western Soul Dictionary

we are literally God's name, continuously pronouncing.

Look up the book, language of creation - Matthew Pageau. 

Great book about how the bible makes more sense looking with the view of ancient cosmology, what the writers actually meant, how connected the stories are etc, you can not look at the bible through a modern lense and understand the significance of it, but the usual reaction is that it is a bullshit story deluded people made up.

But the case is that, it is not that simple and obvious once you dig deeper into the bible.

Let thy speech be better then silence, or be silent.

- Pseudo-dionysius