The Mystical Man

HBO's The Last of Us

17 posts in this topic

Can't wait:

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

2 minutes ago, devjo said:

I just started watching it. Awesome show

It's not out yet...

giphy.gif

"Make a gift of your life and lift all mankind by being kind, considerate, forgiving, and compassionate at all times, in all places, and under all conditions, with everyone as well as yourself. That is the greatest gift anyone can give." - Dr. David R. Hawkins

The Last of Us premieres on January 15, 2023 

giphy.gif

Edited by The Mystical Man

I admire Druckmann's commitment to excellence. He's a wise writer. I love his minimalistic, subtle, and nuanced writing.

Watching the premier now.

Now we need a good Uncharted adaptation. :P 

Edited by UnbornTao

@UnbornTao I'll wait until the whole season has aired. Can't wait to see how they will adapt Part II. 

There's an Uncharted movie, but I don't feel inclined to watch it. I think TLoU can work well as a TV show, because it's already like a TV show, but Uncharted was meant to be played.

On 1/17/2023 at 2:06 AM, The Mystical Man said:

@UnbornTao Can't wait to see how they will adapt Part II. 

Going through that again would be dramatic... ;) 

There's an Uncharted movie, but I don't feel inclined to watch it. I think TLoU can work well as a TV show, because it's already like a TV show, but Uncharted was meant to be played.

Pretty much.

Presumably, there's also a Jak & Daxter movie in the works lol. Childhood nostalgia.

Edited by UnbornTao

2 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

Apparently there's also a Jack & Daxter movie in the works?

Would watch. That could work.

I've been tempted to get it on Steam for some time now. Would be probably worth playing before watching it right? 

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

2 minutes ago, Michael569 said:

Would be probably worth playing before watching it right? 

I'd recommend playing it first.

On 1/17/2023 at 2:41 PM, Michael569 said:

I've been tempted to get it on Steam for some time now. Would be probably worth playing before watching it right? 

Yes. If you can, also get the sequel for playstation.

Edited by UnbornTao

Part II confirmed:

If they get it right, the second season could become some of the best TV ever. The story of Part II is profound and beautiful; it's much better than Part I.

33 minutes ago, The Mystical Man said:

Part II confirmed:

If they get it right, the second season could become some of the best TV ever. The story of Part II is profound and beautiful; it's much better than Part I.

Nice. Also many seemed to conflate their hatred and disgust at Joel's death with a bad story.

Neil also confirmed that Naughty Dog is done with Uncharted. Oh well.

Edited by UnbornTao

2 minutes ago, UnbornTao said:

Also many seemed to conflate their hatred and disgust at Joel's death with a bad story.

That's basically what happened. Which is ironic. They need the story's message the most.

Would watch.