HMD

What comes after you start living in direct experience?

3 posts in this topic

So, After a lot of contemplation, meditation, and failures I became directly aware of my beliefs. And that was a huge step in my development. I became aware of how I held beliefs about almost everything and how I use these beliefs to filter what I see, How my whole Identity revolves around a bunch of beliefs, and that Direct experience is way too profound to be converted into some sort of belief. Direct experience is truly unbelievable.

And while I have faith that living in direct experience, without hinging my sense of self on beliefs is better than the contrary, I am still not sure about what exactly is the advantage. I mean, sure I am a lot happier, peaceful, calm, present, funnier, and loving but one thought keeps popping up and that is; can you really live life without holding any beliefs at all?

For context, I am 22 Y/o male in my last year of college, struggling financially, without a father, and with a whole family to take care of. I have just started working for an amazon client, however, I don't have a lot of experience in that field, so Idk how would that work out, but I digress.  I feel like I do need some beliefs and I need to choose them consciously. Maybe my perfectionism is playing a role here in making me think that I have to live perfectly without any beliefs, RIGHT NOW!

Perhaps, I need to pace myself, let's say, by getting rid of the most toxic and limiting beliefs first, improving my beliefs in different areas of life (social, financial, spiritual, etc..), and improving my meta beliefs; This way I'll be able to get more success in my life, to sustain myself and my family. and Then I can start to live in a more belief-less place.

Please share if you resonate with this, or have resonated in the past, and how did you make sense of this paradox? (Also, I am open to any strategic ideas that you might BELIEVE  are the best, given my whole family and financial situation)

P.s: I have been getting rid of many of my limiting and old beliefs and had some awareness over beliefs, but this is the first time I see the whole picture. (This is another belief that isn't a match against direct experience, but do you see the point I was trying to make earlier?)

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."

Dude, you're always gonna have beliefs. You cannot survive without them.

That's never been the issue. The issue is to throw out the bad ones and be aware of the ones you hold.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura Makes total sense. And always being open to the possibility of your current beliefs being wrong (constant not knowing)?

"The wise seek wisdom, a fool has found it."