Illusory Self

Is sales a learnable skill?

2 posts in this topic

Lately I have been working really hard on starting my own social media marketing agency and I will have to be doing a lot of prospecting. My social skills are very bad and I am not great at human interaction so this project is both exciting and scary at the same time. I decided to undertake it as I think it will improve my people skills. I am just afraid that what if I don't get better with sales or interacting with people. What if I am just not cut out for it? 

Some self limiting beliefs I am aware of. At the same time I am excited because it is a good business opportunity if I can execute it correctly. 

What are your thoughts on good sales people? Is it more of a natural thing or learned from a very early age? Can someone very deficient socially become an expert sales person even at the age of 26?

I am excited about the idea of learning how to close potential clients.. it's just these limiting beliefs come up sometimes about my own people skills. 

7 minutes ago, Illusory Self said:

Can someone very deficient socially become an expert sales person even at the age of 26?

Yes, absolutely. My brother was a hermit shut-in that played video games all day, he got mentored by a really good teacher, now he is one of the best salesmen I have ever seen. All the odds were seemingly against him. It's definitely worth learning and dedicating time to sales. Learning how to interact with people will get you places. Even just making a little bit of progress here will pay massively.

"God is not a conclusion, it is a sudden revelation. When you see a rose it is not that you go through a logical solipsism, "This is a rose, and roses are beautiful, so this must be beautiful." The moment you see it, the head stops spinning thoughts. On the contrary, your heart starts beating faster. It is something totally different from the idea of truth." -Osho