Kenhol

Why Can't I Read Other Peoples' Minds

5 posts in this topic

So if I'm not the body or mind but just a field of nothingness that is aware of the body and mind happening inside it, why am I not aware of other people's body and mind and thoughts and feelings like they were my own ego? This field of awareness is locked only to my ego somehow?

Doesn't this field of nothingness stretch out into infinity and observe everything?

Edited by Kenhol

31 minutes ago, Kenhol said:

So if I'm not the body or mind but just a field of nothingness

No, you are the body and mind wanting to become the field nothingness. That's the difference.

Start by not wanting to read your own mind.

@Kenhol Consciousness (aka awareness aka Self) is already witnessing all the minds of all the creatures, including that of you and me. There is only one consciousness. Its all there is.

Minds are separate can can access only their own tiny individual areas. Minds are limited, consciousness is not. What you are doing is confusing mind with consciousness. They are not the same thing. Mind is an object, an entity that is experienced, consciousness is non-object, it is the experiencer. Make this distinction clear, and your confusion will be gone.

Anyhow, it should be possible to read any mind you want, many people have that talent, some people get a glimpse occasionally. Accessing other's mind is like a bug in this system. We are not supposed to do that to keep the illusion of separation intact, else it destroys the individual-ness.

See Francis's explanation (there are more videos by him on the same question).

My Blog : : Pure Experiences : : Pure Knowledge

@Kenhol Awesome post. It's a self imposed red herring. You're usage of I, I'm, and my change with each sentence. It's a paradigm structure. 

The resolve is that the field (which you are) manifests the body (which you are) which manifests the mind (which you are) which manifests the question, which you are no longer. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE