Dragontech

Flashbacks after taking drugs

13 posts in this topic

I would like to have some advice. 

The first time I took too much DMT, and I noticed that I had flashbacks.

( "bad" trip ). I plugged it too.

I used to do truffles or mushrooms and I never had any flashbacks even with LSD.

Even after when I stopped with DMT I didn't have any flashbacks on other  than DMT.

But since I had my Awakening or ego death on 150 LSD, which was a amazing experience. I have a flashback for over a month, multiple times a day.

I also got them on mushrooms although they they only last for about 1 or 2 weeks.

I also used ketamine and I smoked DMT instead of plugging or sniffing, and that seems to have the least amount of flashback effect.

I would like advise or any suggestion on this since it is not entirely the best state of mind to have flashbacks in middle of life.

Are there any solutions or is this something I have to deal with when I want a psychedelic experience?

Edited by Dragontech

@Dragontech You can take some antipsychotics ( they stabilize mind). Also, studies says that SSRIs could help in preventing flashbacks. 

I had flashbacks myself and some psychedelic visuals for weeks after my first acid trip, they tend to get weaker by time but They could last long in some people especially if they have what's known as HPPD

On 9/9/2022 at 9:13 PM, LSD-Rumi said:

@Dragontech You can take some antipsychotics ( they stabilize mind). Also, studies says that SSRIs could help in preventing flashbacks. 

I had flashbacks myself and some psychedelic visuals for weeks after my first acid trip, they tend to get weaker by time but They could last long in some people especially if they have what's known as HPPD

Nice I'll take a look.

I probably ask my docter too about it.

Yea thats what I have, i took some weed to calm me. But I  clearly notice that I keep dmt tripping. It tent to get better and less intense after 2 weeks. ( like half ish or more ).

But it disturbing my irl things.

Hope the antipsychotics helps.

Edited by Dragontech

15 minutes ago, Dragontech said:

Also, how does it prefent that you keep tripping 24/7?

sorry?

On 9/9/2022 at 9:13 PM, LSD-Rumi said:

@Dragontech  Also, studies says that SSRIs could help in preventing flashbacks. 

Also, how does it prefent that you keep tripping 24/7?

My bad,  I mean if I want to do for example lsd or dmt again. How can I prevent that I get these flashbacks / keep tripping non stop as if I'm in a low dosage 24/7 for 2 weeks or a month.

Edited by Dragontech

2 hours ago, Dragontech said:

these flashbacks / keep tripping non stop as if I'm in a low dosage 24/7 for 2 weeks or a month.

Is that your experience? You may have HPPD. Anyways, try antipsychotics, I alaways use them to stop bad trips and they work.

1 hour ago, LSD-Rumi said:

Is that your experience? You may have HPPD. Anyways, try antipsychotics, I alaways use them to stop bad trips and they work.

Thank you! I'll try to get a prescription from my doctor since you can't just buy it from the shelves in the Netherlands.

If I have HPPD, then I prob won't be able / be wise to use psychedelic again, correct?

18 minutes ago, Dragontech said:

If I have HPPD, then I prob won't be able / be wise to use psychedelic again, correct?

I don't know honestly. It will be quite uncomfortable seeing psychedelic colors and wacky things all the time. 

8 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

I don't know honestly. It will be quite uncomfortable seeing psychedelic colors and wacky things all the time. 

10 hours ago, LSD-Rumi said:

It is actually very sudden, and had a hard time seeing what it was. Although it does happen.

It feels like as you took 2 mg of dmt ish.

But it is not really about the visual rather, going up and down up and down in terms of consesness or awareness.

Like as if ur on a low dosage shrooms but dmt.

Edited by Dragontech

Btw it was a chemical inbalance in my brain. 

It needed rest, after to much psychedelic in a row ( once a week is too much ).

Only do it once every 6 weeks to be safe.

I also had some oxazepan to calm me down if needed ( it kills the 24/7 trip )

Lay off the psychedelics for a long while honestly. That’s not good. 

"You Create Magic" 

What do you experience in your flashbacks?

Intrinsic joy is revealed in the marriage of meaning and being.