Annie

Manuka Honey

8 posts in this topic

Has anyone here tried Manuka honey? Is it really as good as they say? What did you treat with it? It's a bit expensive so I want to know if it's worth it. Thank you!

I use Manuka honey in my smoothie, half a teaspoon. The taste is unbelievable good. It is expensive!  With all proven health benefits in consideration it is a good buy I think.

I also give my small kids an edge of a spoon pretty often, I believe it helps to build up the immune defense. Knock on wood but they have been well and without the typical kindergarten diseases for a long time now....

@Vanish Have you treated your children for anything in particular with it? Or do you only give it as a precautionary measure? I'm thinking of getting my hands on manuka particularly for my children since they don't like to take "normal" medicine in case they're sick.

Love it, The Medicinal taste is phenomenal, i apply it on wounds and sometimes as a face mask but nothing beats a spoonful :) 

UMF+ is what you should look for, they are the more genuine ones from New Zealand.

B R E A T H E

@Annie

Not anything in particular but if they cough a lot for example i,ll give them som extra, they love it :)

I actually never tried some.

I do like honey though and honey itself taste nice and is quiet good for health. 

Edited by robertm

OMG I jus realized that I have a jar and I only had a few teaspoons since I bought it months ago .... fuuuuuuuuck.

It tastes truly AMAZING and I'm sure it has health benefits. I have jus resolved to have a spoonful a day. I'll try to update my experience here in a week or two. 

Edited by ArabiaNytes