cle103

Looking for quality sources of information about nootropics

7 posts in this topic

Hey team, 

I'm looking for quality websites/forums talking about the use of supplements and over the counter nootropics (e.g. which ones to cycle and which are safe to take daily for years). I've been looking at the nootropic subreddit but it's hard to gage who really knows his stuff. 

If you have any recommendations, I'd love to hear them! 

Most of these websites are designed to sell you more nootropics. Important not to confuse sales information with properly resrarched review that is only offering information.

Supplemental companies (especially in US where you can legally make healt claims on health products) notoriously exaggerate the magnitude of evidence to push more revenue.

Examine.com do that information side of the job very well. Even at their non-premium, one may access incredible wealth of information. If you like them, sub for the premium, worth every penny 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus

18 hours ago, Aleister Crowleyy said:

1. Armodafinil 

2. Vyvanse

1. yes yes yes.

2. yikes. extremely powerful but wouldn't recommend LOL

It's Love.

2 hours ago, Aleister Crowleyy said:

We have people dying of cancer.

I get comprehensive blood-labs done every 6 months and I'm healthier than the majority of people on this forum.

I have no autoimmune disorders either.

Completely unrelated.

2 hours ago, Aleister Crowleyy said:

I'd always recommend Amphetamines, Eugeroics, Psychedelics, Chelator agents, etc.

That is irresponsible. Recommendations completely depend on the person.

Likely you handle stimulants differently than most people.

It's Love.

@Michael569 thanks! Examine.com looks very promising. 

Do you know of any forums/subreddits with knowledgable people on them?  

@Aleister Crowleyy

1. I think I found the common ones through search already. Was kinda unhappy with them cause a lot seem bro-science-y. Most other websites are owned by supplement companies as @Michael569 said as well, so you can't assume an objective view point.  

4. To be smarter and more creative. I want to find/create a protocol that's ideal for me. Including which substances to cycle, when to do it and how to do it optimally. 

For example my standard night stack is Ashwaghandha, Magnesium, L-Theanine and CBD along with standard vitamins, minerals and Omga 3's. When I do that my sleep is amazing. But how long should each supplement be taken, what are the ideal dosages for each in this use case and so on (some of that you can just Google, most has sparse data on it). 

Another example is microdosing mushrooms/LSD. This works so well I'm kinda apprehensive to do it long term.

I want to avoid dependencies and do it right. 

On 31/08/2022 at 9:07 PM, cle103 said:

4. To be smarter and more creative

There is limit to what nootropics can achieve here unless you are someone suffering with severe ADD or ADHD. 

Creativity is driven by internal motivation and by the strong vision & love for the content you create. The more distracted you are, the les creative you will generally be so a digital minimalism can be a powerful tool here. 

Being smart comes from having vast experience, having made a lot of mistakes and being able to learn from your and other's experiences. Emotional intelligence and social skills are also important here. Ofcourse things like psychedelics can open up a new dimension of creativity for you as well 

In terms of day to day stuff, your diet, lifestyle, daylight exposure, sleep, stress levels, any drugs you take and other things will have more profound effects on your day to day cognition compared to very minimal (if any) effect by common commercially available nootropics (the non-addictive ones) 

That being said, sometimes for the right people, the right herbs can work well but overall nootropics currently available are mostly hit & miss unless you want to go for pharmacological CNS stimulants, adrenergic receptor agonists etc. But those come with their own side effects. 

Edited by Michael569

“If you find yourself acting to impress others, or avoiding action out of fear of what they might think, you have left the path.” ― Epictetus