Federico del pueblo

No psychedelics for red green colour blind people?!

4 posts in this topic

I'm considering buying some course about psychedelics that goes into a lot of depth about safe use of psychedelics, set and setting, different substances, integration and consciousness work with psychedelics and you also get a 30 minute coaching session.

Though somewhere in the "for whom this course is not" section, next to obvious things like pregnant or breastfeeding women, people with certain mental illnesses and severe chronic pain it also says "people with red green colour blindness", without explaining why.

I didn't really find anything about it online, can you make sense of this?

1 hour ago, Federico del pueblo said:

says "people with red green colour blindness", without explaining why.

@Federico del pueblo Well I can tell you my close friend of over 13 years, He is red/green colorblind. He can do and has been using psychedelics. We have used them together many times. The fact he is red/green colorblind seems to be at least for him, completely irrelevant. We have been able to describe to each other our visual experience and he has not had any issue or seen or fail to see anything I myself haven't also visually experienced during the same trips. So for him anyway it makes no difference, nor have I noticed him mention anything about it. So that statement could be a general statement about people who are R/G colorblind  that have actually reported it or been studied, that they seem to have given some information that may be of concern, which your gonna have to specifically research for in potential medical articles. 

Focus on the solution, not the problem

13 hours ago, Kamo said:

@Federico del pueblo Well I can tell you my close friend of over 13 years, He is red/green colorblind. He can do and has been using psychedelics. We have used them together many times. The fact he is red/green colorblind seems to be at least for him, completely irrelevant. We have been able to describe to each other our visual experience and he has not had any issue or seen or fail to see anything I myself haven't also visually experienced during the same trips. So for him anyway it makes no difference, nor have I noticed him mention anything about it. So that statement could be a general statement about people who are R/G colorblind  that have actually reported it or been studied, that they seem to have given some information that may be of concern, which your gonna have to specifically research for in potential medical articles. 

Ok, thank you. That's good to know ?

Your welcome

Focus on the solution, not the problem