integral

People with the exact same music preferences are experiencing reality in the same way

2 posts in this topic

Just an observation from experience. When music preferences are exactly the same, many deep values are also aligned crafting that subjective preference.

You both experience reality in the same way. What causes music preferences? its how we experience this. We all experience this differently. Music is the language of experience. It communicates what I am experiencing. If we share the same music we share a similar constructed perspective.

Edited by integral

How is this post just me acting out my ego in the usual ways? Is this post just me venting and justifying my selfishness? Are the things you are posting in alignment with principles of higher consciousness and higher stages of ego development? Are you acting in a mature or immature way? Are you being selfish or selfless in your communication? Are you acting like a monkey or like a God-like being?

@integral

Musical preference is so much more than that, for example it's a snapshot in time. This becomes rather clear as we grow older. 

What makes us "us" is also so much more than that, musical preference reflects some aspects of our reality, but only some. 

You would gravitate towards people with a complex shared self-representation, conscious and subconscious influences. Music being a very tangible factor that influences a sense of belonging or attraction to others, that is very easily assessible. 

Most other factors are not as easily assessible, and when looking for explanations, we'd grasp what's there in front of us, visible, tangible and relatable.

For each one person with shared musical preferences that you gravitate towards, there is likely an array of others with same or very, similar musical taste that you do not gravitate towards, based on other differences around how you do, or do not co-construct a similar reality. 

You would likely not consider them, and you would likely never bother to find out. 

Confirmation bias kicks in. Us projecting ourself outwards in our search to find a mirror image of who we have come to be. Someone with whom we resonate with, on a wider spectrum and around many factors. 

Might music be a prominent factor in your life? Thus being a strong, both conscious and subconscious, filter when creating attraction towards others. It would make sense that it could become a means to categorize those who fit and do not fit into your means to create reality, while someone much deeper and much more complex is a play.

Want to connect? Just do it, I assure you I'm just a human being just like you, drop me a PM today.