spiritual memes

Shadow work using IFS therapy

85 posts in this topic

Thx for writing this. I started reading about IFS and all I am thinking is .."oh"

It's just like you said - meditation helps to see parts. I also feel the blockages, chakras etc - when reading through your post, it all connects for me . Thanks.

Damn, theres parts of me that are trying really hard to distract me from doing more IFS therapy. I'm feeling a strong aversion to doing any more parts work 

Don't ever judge any of those parts - that's at least what I learned for me. Never ever do it, even those parts that feel like they distract you from IFS. I do my best to always welcome it with curiosity. That's the big revelation from my last meditation retreat.

18 hours ago, theleelajoker said:

Don't ever judge any of those parts - that's at least what I learned for me. Never ever do it, even those parts that feel like they distract you from IFS. I do my best to always welcome it with curiosity. That's the big revelation from my last meditation retreat.

Thanks for reminding me about this. I get frustrated with these distracting parts because they impede my progress. I often forget to view these parts with compassion and curiosity.

I unburdened an exile in my throat area. This resulted in a release of energy which I moved up to the crown chakra in order to get a kundalini awakening. My crown chakra lit up with consciousness which spread down my body rejuvenating and healing any parts. However with this much energy in my body, I could not sleep.

I've actually been struggling with sleep lately simply because I get acutely aware or parts and energetic blockages every time I try to sleep.

During an IFS session I encountered a really angry rage filled part in my solar plexus chakra which stemmed from childhood bullying and abuse. This part is dangerous AF and would have led me to become a murderer or school shooter had I not suppressed it using multiple parts. It literally wants to brutally kill anyone who violates my boundaries. When I was communicating to this part I visualized beating everyone who had ever bullied me to a bloody pulp. After unburdening, it simply became the part of me that enforced my boundaries.

Damn, I guess I'm scarier than I thought...

Also I unburdened my fawn response as well as my bullied exile in my solar plexus.

I had a full blown enlightenment experience after unburdening a heavy part in my heart chakra. A huge infinite space opened up in my heart area and my sense of self dissolved. A few parts of my ego were scared and started to panic but this quickly dissolved with the light of awareness. I merged with an infinite field of consciousness extending in all directions.

The energetic field of my body was simply a drop in the ocean that was my true self. Was an interesting experience. I was not on any drugs, except maybe a tiny bit of caffeine from the coke I drank earlier as well as some L-theanine and CBD I use as a supplement.

I was pretty depressed from some family drama for the past few days but all the heaviness in my body is gone. I'm also getting kundalini awakenings more frequently now. Which may or may not be a good thing considering I haven't really burned through my karma yet.