thepixelmonk

Meeting people in spiritual circles

3 posts in this topic

I'm putting this in the dating section but it doesn't necessarily need to be about meeting women specifically. I've been into psychedelics for quite a few years now, ever since Leo started ramping up his content on the subject, and it's really propelled me into the whole field of spirituality. However, pretty much my entire practice and interest has been solo. All of my trips are done on my own, all of my communication with other people on the subject is done in various online communities. I haven't been actively dating for awhile ever since my last relationship ended a few years back, because I still feel I have a lot more work to do on myself before I really propel myself back into that, but I feel I have a much clearer picture of what I want in a relationship at this point after having gone through all my initial relationships that I've been in through my twenties, and at the very utmost top of that list is a very similar draw towards these sorts of spiritual topics and psychedelic practices. I figured it might not hurt to throw up a thread and see if anyone else has any specific experiences or ideas around meeting new people and making actual friends within these sorts of spiritual and psychedelic circles. I've been very busy and had my head down in my own business ideas for awhile but I'm moving to a new city soon and it would be great if my practice wasn't completely solo.

@thepixelmonk

Yes I made a comment about this not that long ago. 

Basically there’s no magic solution except to just become a real member of your local spiritual community. Depending on where you live, the details will be different. But just attend all sorts of different events.

Quick run down of things to look out for:

1) Yoga events

2) Sound Baths

3) Meditation groups

4) Contact improv

5) Ecstatic dance

6) Transformational Festivals

7) Breathwork experiences

8) Reiki circles

9) Book clubs

10) Plant medicine ceremonies

Even better if you can start helping out leading these events or even hosting your own.

Keep in mind the people at these events will be mostly around stage GREEN. Don’t expect some sort of enlightened meetup where everyone is tier 2 or higher.

I live in a spiritual community in Mexico and it took my understanding and practice to the next level. Having people who are also embodying these principles is very helpful. They also mostly love sex and psychedelics 👌