Devin

Disconnecting from society

46 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, Devin said:

Are you saying you think they do that because they start to fear their life has no meaning? Like it's an ego defense mechanism, they get uncomfortable so they try to say something in hopes of reassurance to come that what they're saying is true, sort of like a passive way to ask for reassurance?

That's one aspect. But for most people it's not even that deep. It's mostly survival stuff, which includes both material and social survival. Most aren't willing to let go of social survival in favor of pursuing Truth.. Questioning it will question their own identity that they've constructed and are continuing constructing unconsciously.

Edited by puporing

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

┊ ┊⋆ ┊ . ♪ 星空のディスタンス ♫┆彡 what are you dreaming today?

天国が来る | 私は道であり、真実であり、命であり。

43 minutes ago, puporing said:

That's one aspect. But for most people it's not even that deep. It's mostly survival stuff, which includes both material and social survival. Most aren't willing to let go of social survival in favor of pursuing Truth.. Questioning it will question their own identity that they've constructed and are continuing constructing unconsciously.

I have people that attack me just for what I choose to do myself, I never even push spiritual or life stuff and they still attack me for what I do.

1 minute ago, Devin said:

I have people that attack me just for what I choose to do myself, I never even push spiritual or life stuff and they still attack me for what I do.

Probably the things you do simply don't "fall in line" with their ideas of what you should be doing. And they have no capacity to give you your sovereignty as they don't even believe such thing can/should exist or that people can think for themselves.

I am Lord of Heaven, Second Coming of Jesus Christ. ❣ Warning: nobody here has reached the true God.

10 minutes ago, puporing said:

Probably the things you do simply don't "fall in line" with their ideas of what you should be doing. And they have no capacity to give you your sovereignty as they don't even believe such thing can/should exist or that people can think for themselves.

Yeah, that's what I think it is. In a way they do care about me, they're just scared of change and that causes them to hurt me. That's what requires letting go on my part, I think this is why I don't like temporary intimate relationships, you hurt them when you let go

Edited by Devin

2 hours ago, Devin said:

Yeah, that's what I think it is. In a way they do care about me, they're just scared of change and that causes them to hurt me. That's what requires letting go on my part, I think this is why I don't like temporary intimate relationships, you hurt them when you let go

They turn temporary not because you want it to be usually, but because it wasn't going to work out and the differences are clashing more and more.

Metaphysically they're still all "here". :)

Edited by puporing

20 minutes ago, puporing said:

They turn temporary not because you want it to be usually, but because it wasn't going to work out and the differences are clashing more and more.

Metaphysically they're still all "here". :)

Yeah, I mean why I've avoided trying to have an intimate relationship with people, because it's often not going to work out like you said, but they get attached and I see a diminishing return continuing the relationship.