BlessedLion

Should I confront my neighbor?

5 posts in this topic

Basically I’m staying at my parents house visiting right now and the neighbor has a peach tree that hangs a bit over into our front yard. 

a branch fell and the house sitters, a lovely sweet old couple from Alabama picked it up and put the peaches in a basket. 

couple moments later they said there was a loud banging on the door. Neighbor was all worked up and he yelled at them for 10 minutes and said they were “degrading the neighborhood” and when one of them mentioned that the branch was on our property he said “what are you a lawyer now? You’re supposed to bring it over!”

anyway it’s clear this guy is fucking nuts. Apparently a day after he apologized to them and said he was off his pain medication when he flipped out. He even went into our trash to find the branch. His wife made him apologize and said that she didn’t even recognize him. 

I found out about this because I arrived home early and the house sitters told me. I texted my dad and he said he would talk to him when he got back from his trip, so I said I’d stay out of it. But now my mom is home and I can tell it’s bugging her and it pisses me off that this guy is such a weak man and having childish tantrums over fruit. What a loser! 

I want to go confront him but also don’t know if it’s the wisest move. Part of me what’s the say fuck it and let my dad handle it in his way;, it’s not my neighbor 

Yeah I’m just going to wait til my Dad gets back. Sucks to see how much it’s upsetting my mom 

6 minutes ago, BlessedLion said:

Yeah I’m just going to wait til my Dad gets back. Sucks to see how much it’s upsetting my mom 

Usually just listening to women and letting them feel heard and understood is what helps them.