Devin

Healthy high calorie diet

5 posts in this topic

What's some healthy high calorie foods? Or foods that's okay to eat a ton of, a good high calorie diet

I'm doing a lot of physical labor for the next few months and have been the last few, I'm 5'11 started at 175lbs and down to 166, I keep losing weight and I feel like calorie deficiency is causing more fatigue than I would have otherwise. I'm a low body fat percentage, was at a healthy level when I started, I don't mind losing a little more fat but at this rate I'm headed toward unhealthy levels, I don't think I should lose 5 more pounds, and I'd like to keep my energy up.

I haven't just been eating salads either, I've been busy and not focusing so much on eating healthy so I've been eating high calorie lower nutrition foods even. Sometimes I do go hungry though because I'm busy, I could use something easy, I get tired of snack bars, I eat a lot of fruit but get tired of it  sometimes, I get big mexican burritos as often as I can until I get tired of them for a while. I'm about to turn 32 to but I don't think my metabolism has faded over the years. I feel like I need to eat more than my stomach can handle, I get full but I'm still losing weight.

Thanks

Edited by Devin

Idk how fit you are but if you don’t work out and don’t have a lot of muscle then 166lbs is still an optimal weight for your height. You can have a really low body fat percentage and still be healthy. But if you don’t have enough energy because of it that’s another matter of course.

Olive oil, nuts, nut butter, dates and other dried fruit, self made weight gainer shakes (for example oats, peanut butter, banana, dates), maybe choose a carb source that you can eat a lot from (quinoa, rice, oats, spelt, whole grain pasta, whole grain bread, buckwheat, …).

@Ulax @Jannes

Thank you two.

Yeah I'm pretty fit and have some muscle. I wasn't finding much on healthy food to gain weight on, I've been eating most of that stuff, I think I just need to eat more, during normal times I often only eat once a day, just one big meal, I feel better that way giving my digestive system a long rest, I've been eating 3 meals on average right now but I  think I need to eat more and throughout the day because I get full when I eat.

Edited by Devin

@Devin You're welcome. I wish you well re achieving your goals

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback