Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
integration journey

What skills are you building for your life purpos?

8 posts in this topic

Just wondering what kind of skills are you building for your career/ business/life purpose? 
for my career I need to know Spanish so I’m currently working on that. 

I'm learning IFS therapy for my LP that will almost certainly be to do with expanding the accessibility of IFS

Be-Do-Have

Made it out the inner hood

There is no failure, only feedback

On 12/08/2022 at 9:02 AM, Ulax said:

I'm learning IFS therapy for my LP that will almost certainly be to do with expanding the accessibility of IFS

Are you planning on becoming an IFS Therapist? 

Don't wait for things to get better. Take proactive action.

@ThePoint I'm certainly very interested in the idea. I'm also interested in combining it with psychedelics.

Also, am curious about exploring the ramifications of the IFS model in an academic setting 

Be-Do-Have

@ThePoint Any ideas regarding what you want to do?

Be-Do-Have

17 hours ago, Ulax said:

@ThePoint I'm certainly very interested in the idea. I'm also interested in combining it with psychedelics.

Also, am curious about exploring the ramifications of the IFS model in an academic setting 

@Ulax Do you know about developmental psychology models like Spiral Dynamics and/or the stages of Ego Development?

Do you think that there’s an intersection between developmental psychology and IFS?

And out of all models, what model helped you the most? Was it IFS?

8 hours ago, Ulax said:

@ThePoint Any ideas regarding what you want to do?

Not 100% clear. I think it will involve helping others overcome my current struggles; depression, anxiety/paranoia, fatigue, etc. I don’t know if it will be the main focus though. I was a very productive person before I had health problems out of nowhere a year ago. If I resolve my depression and become reconnected to my “self” and “personality” my life purpose will be a lot clearer to me.

Don't wait for things to get better. Take proactive action.

On 14/08/2022 at 5:55 AM, ThePoint said:

@Ulax Do you know about developmental psychology models like Spiral Dynamics and/or the stages of Ego Development?

Do you think that there’s an intersection between developmental psychology and IFS?

And out of all models, what model helped you the most? Was it IFS?

Not 100% clear. I think it will involve helping others overcome my current struggles; depression, anxiety/paranoia, fatigue, etc. I don’t know if it will be the main focus though. I was a very productive person before I had health problems out of nowhere a year ago. If I resolve my depression and become reconnected to my “self” and “personality” my life purpose will be a lot clearer to me.

@ThePointI find those to be interesting questions.

"Do you know about developmental psychology models like Spiral Dynamics and/or the stages of Ego Development?"

I understand the first model well, and I understand part of the second model but not that well. I want to learn more about it at some point.

"Do you think that there’s an intersection between developmental psychology and IFS?"

I think so, certainly. I sometimes think about how they intersect. I.e. Can we see each part as being at a different stage of development, or should we always look at stage of development of a person by looking at the person holistically

"And out of all models, what model helped you the most? Was it IFS?"

So far, the models that have helped me out the most are probably assertive training, talk therapy.

I really like IFS because I think if you make it work for you the results you can get are unparralled. Also, it might end up that IFS has had a bigger impact on me, but I find it hard to tell. I know my major goals, such as moving out of chronic emotional numbness haven't been achieved yet.

-------------------------

What are your answers regarding the first two questions you asked me.

--------------------------------------------------

"Not 100% clear. I think it will involve helping others overcome my current struggles; depression, anxiety/paranoia, fatigue, etc. I don’t know if it will be the main focus though. I was a very productive person before I had health problems out of nowhere a year ago. If I resolve my depression and become reconnected to my “self” and “personality” my life purpose will be a lot clearer to me."

I see. That makes sense to me. I actually am along the same lines to some degree. Before I really engage with big commitments to my LP, I want to reconnect in the ways you describe.

That's cool that you want to do your LP related to your current struggles too. I think mental health will be an exciting place to be this century, especially with these new depth psychotherapies and psychedelics becoming involved, i.e. looking at the work going on at the MAPs organisation.

Be-Do-Have

Im trying to become a conscious leader and since I'm a pretty cerebral kind of guy, I take the approach of becoming a philosopher; I'm specifically working on understanding social psychology, sociology, political theory, economic theory, game theory, complex systems theory, history, ancient philosophy, epistemology, mythology, religion, rhetoric, marketing, social skills, thinking and deciding, technology, developmental psychology, body language (and many more sub-branches of these general themes). 

It's an overwhelming task, and I'm not sure what the best way to approach this is, but it's so rewarding to see how all this studying, contemplating and embodying my wisdom is slowly shaping me into what I want to become.

Edited by Nilsi

“We are most nearly ourselves when we achieve the seriousness of the child at play.” - Heraclitus