Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bruins8000

Consciousness and the Body

6 posts in this topic

I posed this question before but my wording may have been confusing 

In order for THIS to have a seeming experience is a body required? Yes I understand the body doesn’t TRULY EXIST SEPARATELY. But it seems in every dream or every imaginable experience or life there’s always the “appearance” of an individual consciousness within a body having an experience.

THIS being infinite and all- aren’t there other ways for experience to appear without the body? Seems limiting if THIS can only have experience with the same rinse and repeat formula: body with an apparent individual consciousness doing something 

I’m stuck at the moment- please help me get clarity on this. Thanks 

Yeah strong drugs might cause this effect. You can do it in lucid dreams too, I managed it once in a lucid dream. All you are talking about, is the typical psychedelic type of "out of body" experience.

Building off that- does experience by its definition always need to be limited in some way? Can the ALL experience being the ALL…

3 hours ago, Bruins8000 said:

Building off that- does experience by its definition always need to be limited in some way? Can the ALL experience being the ALL…

I don't know, it's too weird to explain..... It feels like you are quite literally talking to yourself in a dream, and it has nothing to do with whether or not person B is watching you watching them. Your sentience and their sentience seems to unite to become part of a singular whole, irrespective of whether we are individuals in how we discuss it now.

It's VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY alien to how we feel currently. VERY alien. But most similar to lucid dreaming and having a conversation with another character, and you start stirring in your sleep and waking up. And how that dream and the character and everything sort of fade and then you open your eyes in bed. The sensation is quite like that.

5 hours ago, Bruins8000 said:

Yes, experience is inherently limited. You can't experience something that does not have any limit or fixation, because it would be nothing. 

4 hours ago, RMQualtrough said:

I don't know, it's too weird to explain..... It feels like you are quite literally talking to yourself in a dream, and it has nothing to do with whether or not person B is watching you watching them. Your sentience and their sentience seems to unite to become part of a singular whole, irrespective of whether we are individuals in how we discuss it now.

It's VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY alien to how we feel currently. VERY alien. But most similar to lucid dreaming and having a conversation with another character, and you start stirring in your sleep and waking up. And how that dream and the character and everything sort of fade and then you open your eyes in bed. The sensation is quite like that.

Glad you noticed....that is the truth. There are no thoughts but your own thoughts. 

The same strength, the same level of desire it takes to change your life, is the same strength, the same level of desire it takes to end your life. Notice you are headed towards one or the other. - Razard86

Your ACTIONS REVEAL how you REALLY FEEL. Want TRUTH? Observe and ADMIT, do the OPPOSITE of what you usually do which is observe and DENY. - Razard86

Think about it.....Leo gave the best definition of the truth I ever heard...."The truth is what is..." so if that is the truth.... YOUR ACTIONS IN THE PRESENT ARE THE TRUTH!! It's what's happening....do you like what you see? Can you accept it? You are just a SENTIENT MIRROR, OBSERVING ITS REFLECTION..... can you accept what appears? -Razard86