Barna

Deep Web And Privacy Tutorial

6 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I give a tutorial, tips and explanations on deep web surfing and privacy basics for those of you who are interested. :)

I do it on Cryptocat, here is a link: https://crypto.cat/. Install it and make an account. You can send me your username in a private message, or you can just post it here if you don't mind others adding you as a "buddy". :) 

What's the point of going on deep web? to order drugs? xD @Barna I been there a long time ago and all i saw was nasty grisly shit like animal torture etc. guess i went to the wrong places. 

Google etc at most indexes 90% of the web. If you want to see the rest or liv in a country where they sensor everything its great. Just dont do this on a windows machine if you want privacy.

4 hours ago, Kserkkj said:

What's the point of going on deep web? to order drugs? xD @Barna I been there a long time ago and all i saw was nasty grisly shit like animal torture etc. guess i went to the wrong places. 

You can go to a lot of places there. As @Bob84 mentioned: 

2 hours ago, Bob84 said:

Google etc at most indexes 90% of the web.

But you can definitely do it on a Windows machine. You just have to know what you are doing, and how to test your DNS leaks.

Well depends how anon you want to be. Latest windows do contain spyware.
And one should not forget the technical security risks (Trojans, hijacking, ect).

TAILS is a good out of the box Linux distro. And you can run it with virtualbox under windows. Or even better boot it from USB (recommended if you liv in like North Korea or something).

None the less, never expect 100% privacy.

22 hours ago, Barna said:

Hi all,

I give a tutorial, tips and explanations on deep web surfing and privacy basics for those of you who are interested. :)

I do it on Cryptocat, here is a link: https://crypto.cat/. Install it and make an account. You can send me your username in a private message, or you can just post it here if you don't mind others adding you as a "buddy". :) 

This is a great offer, however I personally would get a completely new clean linux machine that I use only for this very reason and nothing else, just to make sure that I get maximal security out of it when I go very deep into the web. I just really don't trust windows.

I may come back to you later this year, depending on when I will be ready with my setup. Cheers

Here's my key; Philosophy. A freak like me just needs Infinity.