Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Razard86

People don't realize the power of this video Leo made a while back

7 posts in this topic

This was something I came to the realization one day through deep introspection sometime last year and I love the power of this video to explain this concept. Its so obvious but many intellectual types will have to realize this for themselves. All those thoughts and rationalizations are truly meaningless. All my thoughts and opinions are crap, just mere illusion to enjoy playing a character. My entire life is meaningless, and I'm the one creating meaning crafting interpretation after interpretation over and over.

Every human is a creator, you create a life through interpretation. Your life is just a perspective with judgments, beliefs, and interpretations. This is how you create yourself, its funny because you are your greatest creation. Yourself as a concept is such a great creation you fool yourself into thinking it is true. You have a storyline of your childhood, teenage years, later adulthood. Opinion on this and that all wrapped up in your childhood trauma, and past everyday struggles all the way up to today. 

Its so convincing and wonderful, its awe inspiring. All enlightenment is, realizing the character you have been playing, the storyline, the setting, the themes in your story, and realizing that everything around you, you constructed it to have a life. LOL God wants to have a life so God constructed you. HAHHAHAHA its so freaking funny. 

Anyway watch the video and take from it what you will. Maybe one day you will see how hilarious it is!! The old me "I went through so much trials and tribulations!!" Current me" Lol you made that whole thing up through interpretation." I now realize the importance of pain also, my new task or goal is to make a deep connection with pain. I believe it is the last real attachment I have. So I will focus on that. I realize my desire to alleviate the pain and suffering of others is because I judge pain as bad. I need to work on that and I will.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EokHiVt0KeU&t=84s&ab_channel=Actualized.org

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

How do you undo the neurotic feelings and thoughts that accompany them after a lifetime of living a certain way though?  The feelings feel.. automatic, reactive, uncontrollable. 

Why would God do this? 

Just now, Godishere said:

How do you undo the neurotic feelings and thoughts that accompany them after a lifetime of living a certain way though?  The feelings feel.. automatic, reactive, uncontrollable. 

Why would God do this? 

Because its the only way to have a life! You can't have a life without this! Even your question itself is the answer!! Look at the pain you express so eloquently in those words!! It means you still feel its real!! That means you still have a life!! Enlightenment is the understanding that you were never alive!!! LOL!! You can only have a life if you believe all those thoughts and emotions!! 

You are a selfless LACK OF APPEARANCE, that CONSTRUCTS AN APPEARANCE. But that appearance can disappear and reappear and we call that change, we call it time, we call it space, we call it distance, we call distinctness, we call it other. But notice...this appearance, is a SELF. A SELF IS A CONSTRUCTION!!! 

So if you want to know the TRUTH OF THE CONSTRUCTION. Just deconstruct the construction!!!! No point in playing these mind games!!! No point in creating needless complexity!!! The truth of what you are is a BLANK!!!! A selfless awareness....then that means there is NO OTHER, and everything you have ever perceived was JUST AN APPEARANCE, A MIRAGE, AN ILLUSION, IMAGINARY. 

Everything that appears....appears out of a lack of appearance/void/no-thing, non-sense (can't be sensed because there is nothing to sense). That is what you are, and what arises...is made of that. So nonexistence, arises/creates existence. And thus everything is solved.

2 minutes ago, Razard86 said:

Because its the only way to have a life! You can't have a life without this! Even your question itself is the answer!! Look at the pain you express so eloquently in those words!! It means you still feel its real!! That means you still have a life!! Enlightenment is the understanding that you were never alive!!! LOL!! You can only have a life if you believe all those thoughts and emotions!! 

Sure I can get behind that, from a specific state of consciousness. But what about now, when I move my hands, there is causation.. action/ reaction. I can't just will myself into a DMT like state of being. 

Life has consequences. Whether I believe thoughts or don't, if I slap my boss in the face, life probably isn't going to go the way I'd like.

From now on I am going to stop using the word ego, I believe it is not a sufficient word to drive home the point I think people are missing. From now on I am just going to substitute the word character for ego. So what we suffer in life is the character, the lens from which we view reality. This is what they mean by karma, which means memory and also can be translated as action. You act out of memory, and the memory you act of is the character you constructed. Enlightenment is the trascendence of karma because you are aware that all interpretation is just the character. Its very simple.

The word can't is character. All can't statements no matter what they are is character. How are you named God is here and you are saying can't?

There is only one exception, God cannot be anything other than Love, Truth, and Wisdom. Outside of that all can't statements are character statements.

Edited by Razard86

A way to understand how this is beneficial is you realize that because everything is meaningless you DO NOT HAVE TO DO ANYTHING. So anything you do is because you WANT TOO. Don't get rid of your desires, just don't be attached to them. You severe attachment to them by realizing they don't matter and you are just freely living life on your terms without any judgment on how you are supposed to be. You choose what you want to be and just be that. Basically there is no script, you write your own!! Its so amazing to realize that!!

And if you want to flow, have no script at all just improvise in the present moment. Like improvisational comedy or jazz, or freestyle in rap, you are presently just happening with no forethought or plan. That would be the ultimate form of a life lived in the present.

Edited by Razard86