Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
at_anchor

Purpose

4 posts in this topic

Right now for some reason I'm interested in running a business. I live in a third world country and that's where I'd imagine starting some kind of a carpentry workshop, a construction firm or even a farm. But I don't think that will be feasible or possible given my situation in here. 

So recently I got into construction work. There was a boss who was gone in a day or two and then I was left with another one who really didn't like me and just wanted to screw me over, which he did in a week. I was panipulated into throwing leftover wood off of the fifth floor. I was told to be obedient and when there was no one good around, i was obedient to a fox that made me think he is m friend, a really devilish person. The bosa was on another building first time and took selfies of me doing that and stuff. You might say I don't know if he was involved in this, but I do. He wanted to get rid of me and there is no better way but to incriminate me as though I am dangerous for him and others. After this cops stopped me on my way home and now I don't think it is wise to go back there. There was also some harrassment.

But the truth is, I love building work. The problem is that I want to do it my way, to treat it as an art, to make my workers disciplined, healthy and protected from injury and inhaling of toxic stuff.

Anyway, my passion lays in building houses. Furniture, not so much. Food is also one of my passions and making organic stuff would be great. But I just can't do it here.

So what do you think? Should I leave that place and hopefully never return again? Cause that is what he wants and when this guy wants something, and other bosses who are his boss want it, then that is what is gonna happen. Capitalists rule here, not the government. 

Also, because it appears that I might reall be better of just leaving m place of birth and going to the west, what language or country would be the best for me to choose and how do I determine that? The anglo world is unreachable. I heard Germany is reall good to live in and also France, but Scandinavia is like number one. If I could shape my country, I would shape it to be like that.

But you know, I kind of feel resistance to that. I kind of want to stay and grow here. But it is proving beyond a shadow of a doubt to be a real challenge, an impossible mission.

If you want to stay in building houses, I think you need to eat shit and work for somebody else for a few more years to learn the basic skills you need.

Try to find a better employer where you can be an apprentice and focus on learning one specific skill like concrete, electrical wiring, plumbing, bricklaying, roofing, ceramic tiling and flooring, painting, framing, etc. Whatever one appeals to you most, or whatever one you can get. Anything but just general manual labor where you don't learn a real skill.

Then after 2 - 3 years of doing one of those tasks fulltime, you can start working for yourself and try to get subcontracted by a builder

But I would also question your limiting beliefs about why you can't do organic food in your country, and why anglo countries are totally unreachable.

Edited by Yarco

41 minutes ago, Yarco said:

But I would also question your limiting beliefs about why you can't do organic food in your country, and why anglo countries are totally unreachable.

Yeah, thanks. I think it is because I don't know anything about organic farming and making profits. But anglo countries are unreachable because everyone basically speaks English and sends their CVs there for jobs so the chances that an employer would help me get a work visa are low.

I am interested in learning everything related to building buildings. But electrical wiring and plumbing sound to be the best bet.