Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Danioover9000

Artistic careers.

5 posts in this topic

What are some artistic careers you guys do, that deal with images? Let's make a small list. Also, if you have a life vision, what changes did you make?

For example, this is my list:

Graphic novelist of fantasy books.

Graphic novelist of web toons, western comics.

Mangaka/Doujinshi artist.

Illustrator of nature scenes.

Cover book illustrator, for children books.

Cover book artist for magazines or more mature books.

Graphic designer.

Interior/exterior decorator.

animator.

architecture.

I've already listed my mission statement and LP statement here, so I'll briefly write my vision: to be a semi realistic illustrator of cover art, penciling and inking comic books, and colouring them. others is writing/editing, and web developing.

I planned to go work for a company with the drawing/writing, and was 50/50 on whether to go freelance or work in a company, but after watching this:

https://youtu.be/ac3l7vQb5hI

I was like no, I'm more leaning towards freelance, or getting into comics like Dark Horse or similar comic companies like that, with the dark and gritty nature of it.

Another one is animation, Mangaka and/or visual novels. Visual novels sound promising to me, but still on the fence about being one. I'll be looking into it and see if I can make a game like that in private and get a feel for it before going that direction.

@EugeneTheSage

4 hours ago, EugeneTheSage said:

3d graphic design. Sometimes I deal with images

I see. Do you mainly do 3d modelling of characters or buildings? Is it related to engineering and architecture, or is it more CGI rendered animations?